Rape shield laws still abhorrent (Guys lives destroyed, links)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesus the Friend

11-30-2012

http://thesun.mobi/thescottishsun/ne...nte.html?mob=1

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...vigilante.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...sed-woman.html

I sure wish false rape would be a crime punishable as severely as murder.
Only then will this ridiculous 90+% falsehood rate on rape claims ever be changed.
This is why MRAs are necessary in this gynocentric world.

Powerstoned

11-30-2012

2 things I've never understood about cases like these:

#1, Why can't testimony from one case can't be used as evidence of guilt in another case?

I've seen rape cases were the girl/woman says "that guy raped me" only to recant later in court that "ok, no it wasn't him, I just didn't want to tell the truth because I cheated on my boyfriend" or something equally as benign.

#2. Why isn't the act of lying or commiting fraud to purposely defraud a court and attempt to use it put someone in prison for years, which will surely cause undo harm to them, a severe crime?

Jesus the Friend

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstoned View Post
#1, Why can't testimony from one case can't be used as evidence of guilt in another case?
Rape shield laws.

Quote:
I've seen rape cases were the girl/woman says "that guy raped me" only to recant later in court that "ok, no it wasn't him, I just didn't want to tell the truth because I cheated on my boyfriend" or something equally as benign.
90% of rape claims are false and the primary reasons for them are female boredom and infidelity.

Quote:
#2. Why isn't the act of lying or commiting fraud to purposely defraud a court and attempt to use it put someone in prison for years, which will surely cause undo harm to them, a severe crime?
Because femi nazis and politicians who want the female vote want to pretend like women are not lying snakes. This is why 90% of all rape claims are false and the overwhelming majority go unpunished... and those that do only receive a slap on the wrist.

MRAs are fighting to get the penalty for a false rape claim changed to be the same as what the victim would have received if he had been convicted based on the lies of the perpetrator.

I.e. false rape claim punishable by 20+ years in prison and being registered as a false rape accuser(Will never have a rape claim considered by the law in her life).

Powerstoned

11-30-2012

i guess i should read specifically about it, thanks.

Kodoku

11-30-2012

Not sure what the first two links have to do with rape shield laws. They're both to the same story about a kid being savagely beaten down by a vigilante acting on an accusation of rape.

As for the third, it seems to be more about the questionable decision of the CPS to prosecute the case than anything else.

Quote:
I.e. false rape claim punishable by 20+ years in prison and being registered as a false rape accuser(Will never have a rape claim considered by the law in her life).
lolwtf

Quote:
Only then will this ridiculous 90+% falsehood rate on rape claims ever be changed.
We should also do something about the 95%+ rapist pedophile necrophiliac rate amongst MRAs. Of course, you won't find that statistic reflected by the mainstream "facts", because of how men-dominated society is.

Jesus the Friend

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodoku View Post
Not sure what the first two links have to do with rape shield laws. They're both to the same story about a kid being savagely beaten down by a vigilante acting on an accusation of rape.
The woman had made a false rape accusation before.

Quote:
As for the third, it seems to be more about the questionable decision of the CPS to prosecute the case than anything else.
The perpetrator was not punished, that is the point.

Quote:
lolwtf
lolwtf women falsely accusing 9-10 men in their lifetime without this history ever taken into consideration because of rape shield laws.

lolwtf !

Quote:
We should also do something about the 95%+ rapist pedophile necrophiliac rate amongst manginas.
Agreed.

Bilbosky

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodoku View Post
He's using the story as an example about how a false rape claim can destroy the life of the defendant with no consequence on the part of prosecution, in part because they have zero media exposure due to rape shield laws. In addition, rape shield laws make past activity unfit for use in trial. For example, in this case the kid's accuser asked him out, he turned her down, then suddenly rape claim! Any of her previous sexual conduct would be unfit for trial, even if it would lead to the case being thrown out.

Basically a rape shield law makes the prosecution anonymous, and rejects a lot of circumstantial evidence pointing to false rape (bad breakup, previous claims, etc). On one hand they make it easier for people who have legitimately been raped to bring a matter to trial, but on the other hand they make intentional false rape charges relatively free of consequences and easy to stick on some poor *******.

the flail

11-30-2012

I think we need to worry about false murder accusations and sentences first, IMO.

Amberleh

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by the flail View Post
I think we need to worry about false murder accusations and sentences first, IMO.
It's a lot easier to accuse someone of rape than of murder. A LOT easier- because it doesn't require a body to do it.

I actually agree that there should be better laws preventing false rape accusations because it does happen and because of it actual rape victims suffer and are sometimes accused of making false accusations. And as JTF was saying, it destroys the lives of innocent men and it just isn't right.

Our justice system needs a ton of tweaking.

Jesus the Friend

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by the flail View Post
If you falsely accuse someone of murder, you will be called to provide enough evidence to warrant an investigation. To add to this, no one has ever been convicted of murder based on testimony alone.

Conversely, a man can be convicted of rape based on a woman's word alone. And even if he isn't, he's put through the ringer because of the accusation while the woman's name remains anonymous, even if she is a serial false rape accuser.

A classic example is the Duke Lacross case.
To put things into perspective;
What would you least want to be accused of; thievery, rape or murder?