I never had a great support.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Little Dead Red

11-30-2012

I've moved to being an adc this season and I can honestly say, in 1200 elo, the supports have no idea what they are doing. Having gone 75% percent win ratio with Leona last year and 73% this year. And my karma is at 68% or so I think I know what I am doing. Now this is what usually happens. Vayne (me) at the enemy turret about to b, I advise my support to b and get boots or armor i will buy a few wards. Of course they stay and ruin alot of my farm, advantage at getting to b first by posing them, and their is the enemy lee sin stomping on your face, because you are to slow to run away.
So the question what advice can I give my support to survive and not push the lane up a mile? Personally the only kills I go for are easy kills.

Dry Ace

11-30-2012

Maybe you should play support instead? Stats don't lie

Yourcatmolested

11-30-2012

Unfortunately support seems to be that one role that nobody seems to know well. I don't think there are any general tips you can give a support to help them out other than just letting them know what they can be/should be doing better.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2012

1. Match history check:
111 minion in 26 minutes game, score is 4/3/2 so you are not doing team fights all the time
a. Low CS, b. Probably could have killed more people if you are good

2. Masteries seem a bit messy, but some of those may work if you are an aggressive player, however, from your stat, you don't seem to be one.

3. Those two rune pages are really bad.

4. Madred bloodrazor on Trist, noob alert activated.

5. Doran shield stacking Leona, Going to make you really poor on getting wards out.

Conclusion: At the correct ELO

Gibszor

11-30-2012

I do think there are a few things you could tell your support to help you out yet its a two way street. I haven't looked you up and I only know what is written here. I myself do not have a great ELO though I do not play that often and I am making more efforts to be a better solo que player. I would say my personal biggest downfall currently is that I can only play two of the roles in the game really well. That being said too I prefer support and it is pretty much all I play because it is rare that another player will challenge me for the position. I would also not call myself a great support, but I do think I am a good support and I've been told so many times. I Don't feel my stats are terrible as a support either.

With all that said. I still am trying to learn and improve myself daily. I don't know right now if i belong at the ELO i'm at or not. I like to think I am better then it shows currently and I probably am. Though I know in order for me to get higher i still have to improve my game, which honestly I learn something new about this game everyday still.

I have studied and read and played support for as long as I've been playing this game. I love the position because to me and the way I play it, it fits the kind of person I am in life, and the kind of character I play in all games I play. That protector character, or in football the offensive line protecting the quarterback.

First how do we do this. Map control! Wards wards wards and more wards. At low ELO you will not find ANYONE else generally buying wards but the support and even then many low ELO supports do not buy wards like they should. Overally the entire team should be helping ward, but at low ELO at least the support, or rather how I play is to just buy wards like no other. I generally buy 5 wards everytime I go back after the first back or two of early game. IF i can afford it and I know that the enemy team has good map control I will buy oracles. But like I said at low ELO its rare that you have a support against you that is doing any kind of map control so I pick and choose my oracles a bit more based on my observations of the enemy team and if they seem to have any kind of map control. I can tell their supports habits early too just how they ward in lane phase. A lot of people won't even play your typical supports at low elo, and will bring kill lanes at you where they NEVER buy wards. A support needs to communicate that to your team so you can get extra easy ganks in from mid or jungle or whoever.

I would also say as a support to play aggressive. Don't let the enemy push you around if you don't have to. Unless you are just flat outmatched because they had better picks or got an early gank on you or something, you should be trying to keep their ADC at bay at all times. Focus that ADC. Don't worry about their support so much unless its a kill lane then its different. Like if i'm playing against a taric. I will constantly try and get him to waste his stun on me, and then that frees my ADC to go balls to the walls on our initiate. All this requires playing smart though. Obviously you can't just be throwing yourself into the enemy without just risking your own life, but you can harass safely with many supports. Plus supports MOST of them should be building a pretty tanky rune set to start off which will allow them to take some more harassment themselves. Certain supports require different rune sets, but a pretty standard one is armor reds, armor yellows, magic resist combination on blues, and gold quints. I use speed quints in some builds, I use more gold and cooldown reduction for certain supports too. But i would say most can be played the way I stated. Though i'm sure its all up for debate.

If your lane gets pushed up. Roam. go place wards for mid, or go help gank in mid. Especially if your doing well bot, tell your ADC and they should be fine for a bit for you to go roam and help out elsewhere. Don't just farm the creeps when the ADC leaves and you don't wish to Back yourself, unless they tell you that you can which some will. Only time I take creeps is if the tower is going to kill them anyhow. But even then, I often will stand and take creep dmg to keep the creeps from getting under tower if i can so that my carry can still get CS from those creeps easily.

These are all some general ideas. I Would like to type more but I was on a break from work and I Will try and get more on later hopefully. Good luck!

bearloverabbit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

U should play in Korean server
The mother faking *******s won't support at all
And yes even in high elo (up to 1400, idk if it's different beyond)
Out of 10 games ur lucky if u get a support for 1 game
Otherwise it's double jungle and a solo bot
When I came to na server... Im just so thankful for having just a guy next to me