Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Game][Minor] Doran's Blade inconsistent life return values.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

get dat birdman

11-30-2012

So, while poking around on the PBE, I found that when you have excessive numbers of Doran's Blades, the value of the life return is not consistent. In other words, it should always return 20 health at 4, 25 at 5 and 30 at 6. I'm not sure, and unable to tell, if this is the case with fewer numbers of Doran's Blades, but here is what happened.

I bought 6 Doran's Blades using both Frosted Ezreal and Resistance Caitlyn, then proceeded to get myself to less than half health via taking turret hits. I proceeded to auto attack various minions and monsters, to see inconsistent values returned with Doran's Blades. Most of the time, it would return 30 or 31 health, but sometimes no value shown (so less than 20) or 22 (if it shows a number less than 30, it always shows 22 at 6 Blades) health returned. This is most noticeable on monsters with higher health values (Ancient Golem, Lizard Elder, Dragon, double golems).

Repro steps:
1. Purchase 6 Doran's Blades (also works with 5)
2. Get to less than full health by any means
3. Auto attack minions/monsters, notice inconsistent health return values.

Jaigar

11-30-2012

Just tested it. It works ok.

I noticed this on dragon, but what happens is if damage DoT happens at the exact same time as the heal, and hasn't happened to me once after ~ 100 AAs on minions.

I don't think theres an issue.

I got it to show +22, but thats when the little minions attached to the blue buff was hitting me for... 8 damage. And when 22 popped up, 1 one of the 8 damage red numbers wasn't there.

get dat birdman

11-30-2012

Well, I was not able to consistently test on minions because they don't live very long when you have 6 Doran's Blades. I repeatedly sat at less than 75% health on all the mobs named and only auto-attacked, and only the dragon has any form of DoT damage (and neither Caitlyn nor Ezreal nor any other champion I can think of outside Twitch, Darius, Teemo with points in Toxic Shot, or Draven on crits have DoT damage that can affect non-champions without red buff). The point is, there should be a consistent x*5 (where x is number of Doran's Blades) amount of healing done per attack, unless you are affected by healing reduction - something which, to my knowledge, no enemy monster or minion provides.

Tony Mõntana

11-30-2012

What he was saying was that if you've been attacked while you are autoing, sometimes it subtracts the dmg you received from the attacks from lifesteal you've been getting.

get dat birdman

11-30-2012

And what *I'm* saying is it shouldn't do that. Even if it doesn't lower the value of life returned, it should still display the same number returned every time (and in fact should never go *above* 30, but it does). So either there is something wrong with Doran's Blades, or there is something wrong with the way it's being displayed.

Draconic74

11-30-2012

In some cases of Lifesteal your HP regen will actually be added. If you see the value going down, how about lifestealing off of monsters that are *not* attacking you. That way their damage is not taken into account.

get dat birdman

11-30-2012

Okay, the HP regen makes sense. But getting to a point *less than 30 when you have 6 Doran's Blades* should not happen if not affected by healing reduction.

Jaigar

11-30-2012

Quote:
TomajRT:
Okay, the HP regen makes sense. But getting to a point *less than 30 when you have 6 Doran's Blades* should not happen if not affected by healing reduction.

Its not heal reduction, its incoming damage. Its done so you can't die and receive a heal at the same time.

Komeiji Koishi

11-30-2012

Quote:
Jaigar:
Its not heal reduction, its incoming damage. Its done so you can't die and receive a heal at the same time.

With WotA on Karthus you most certainly can heal after you die. There's no point in preventing such things from happening. This case is an odd one however.

get dat birdman

12-01-2012

Quote:
Jaigar:

I am aware it's not healing reduction. What I'm saying is that the DISPLAY should not be less than 30 UNLESS you are affected by healing reduction (because at the end of the day, you still receive 30 healing). Also, do Lizard/Golem/Dragon have different attack damages? If so, then the number shouldn't still be 22 regardless of which mob I am hitting if the damage and healing are occurring at the same time.