Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

"I hate this game"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mogey Bear

Recruiter

11-30-2012

Hey guys, I'm not sure if this has been discussed on here, if so my apologies and please send me the link.

There are some Tribunal cases where you really have to use a little more intuition before making a judgement. Such particular cases are where the reported players are making comments like, "Man, I hate this game." They haven't necessarily done something that warrants a punishment, or did so fleetingly.

Are you more inclined to punish or pardon this kind of player who seems more frustrated with the experience than the team? What can we do for these players? Would punishment be counter-productive? Perhaps instead of sending the reported player a punishment case, we could instead create an Education form with tips and advice? Do you believe in education before punishment?

Sereg Anfaug

11-30-2012

Punishment is education. Get a warning and a reform card, see what you did wrong, learn from it, make changes. Or don't, and then recieve a short ban, and have another chance to learn. We have a veyr lenient system here - lots of opportunity for people to be "educated".

As far as saying "I hate this game" I don't see how that could be a punish. If, on the other hand, they make derogatory comments about their teammates or team as a whole, that might cross the line. It really depends on the situation.

ClearSkyss

11-30-2012

lol mogeybear

Mogey Bear

Recruiter

11-30-2012

What's up? I'm only suggesting that we might consider offering tips on the game itself, not only the multiplayer portion of it. Links and references to what a meta means, what roles mean, highlights on streams and pro players; things that can amplify personal growth. Not everyone visits forum posts, recent red trackers, or external sources. A step in the right direction; proactive.

A breach in the summoner's code is still a breach, but each circumstance is unique for the player.

FakeDota

11-30-2012

Welcome to the trollbunal conform or die.

Exploding Barrel

11-30-2012

Quote:
Mogey Bear:
Hey guys, I'm not sure if this has been discussed on here, if so my apologies and please send me the link.

There are some Tribunal cases where you really have to use a little more intuition before making a judgement. Such particular cases are where the reported players are making comments like, "Man, I hate this game." They haven't necessarily done something that warrants a punishment, or did so fleetingly.

Are you more inclined to punish or pardon this kind of player who seems more frustrated with the experience than the team? What can we do for these players? Would punishment be counter-productive? Perhaps instead of sending the reported player a punishment case, we could instead create an Education form with tips and advice? Do you believe in education before punishment?

I'm a little confused. Are we seeing people punished for comments like "Man, I hate this game?" I would certainly pardon that, I don't see how expressing frustration at no one in particular, in that relatively docile way, would merit punishment.