A few honest questions for you, Riot.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

runnienoz

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotDamiya View Post
I hate this bug with the passion of a thousand suns.

Unfortunately it's been a pain to reproduce because it only affects certain CPUs and only in a very strange obscure way under specific conditions.

We have an awesome team of Game Engineers, and thankfully there's one of them tackling it now. I can't offer an ETA, but know that it's on the radar.
Does this Game Engineer need more info on systems that this effects? I've had the quarter window bug effect me and I'd be happy to provide system specs if it'll make it die a quick painful death, as I too hate this bug with the passion of a thousand suns...

Damiya

Technical Analyst

12-01-2012
8 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnienoz View Post
Does this Game Engineer need more info on systems that this effects? I've had the quarter window bug effect me and I'd be happy to provide system specs if it'll make it die a quick painful death, as I too hate this bug with the passion of a thousand suns...
I came up with a 100% reproduction rate. We know the rough cause (it's a timing issue in certain calls as the DirectX renderer initializes) and a very smart Engineer is taking it in hand.

We should be ok, but I will definitely come request more info if it is necessary.

BeelzeBuff

12-01-2012

This happens to me every now and then, very annoying

i haven't been banned b.c of it for i always make it back in time, but its still a problem

Commander Amaro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Tyrant Swain View Post
Hey Damiya, while you're already here, I wish to inform you about something.
While the match is starting, when the PvP.net client closes and then the little ''League of Legends'' logo appears and then the loading screen shows up. Well, while the LoL logo is shown, before the Loading screen appears, if I click anywhere with my mouse or press any button on the keyboard it will bug and stop, preventing the Loading screen from showing up. And to add insult to injury, the PvP.net client states that the game is currently running so I have to turn it off and restart the whole sequence.
It's quite annoying.
happens to myself as well. 2 or 3 times already on a windows 7 64 bit system. has never happened before until what ever patch started the thing where it seems to only load the screen in the bottom right of your screen and if you click any were else it minimizes the game loading screen client or you can ALT+Tab out then back in for it to be fine.

Commander Amaro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-01-2012

Quote:
I came up with a 100% reproduction rate. We know the rough cause (it's a timing issue in certain calls as the DirectX renderer initializes) and a very smart Engineer is taking it in hand.

We should be ok, but I will definitely come request more info if it is necessary.
YAY your the best Damiya! Give my many thanks to this smart engineer as well. Can't wait to be rid of that Direct X 1/4 window problem ^_^

RainbowTrenches

12-02-2012

Quote:
It sounds like you may not be exiting cleanly. When you exit next time, can you hit CTRL-SHIFT-ESCAPE and get a list of the running processes?
Leaving aside all the other good work that you're doing- thanks for that shortcut. Much faster than hitting ctrl-alt-del then clicking on task manager.

I have the quarter-screen bug show up sometimes (on an Intel Core 2 Duo), but not all the time- maybe once or twice a month, but clustered near to each other (every other game for about 5 games or so having that issue). I look forward to its [s]glorious evolution[/s] fixing.

blkmist

12-02-2012

@ Ixioran, I believe the AFK issue has been addressed by riot previously. I cannot explicitly recall where I read about/ heard this information that I am about to share, however I believe that they did not want players to abuse the system. For example, your team is 0 kills and the other team is 8 kills at 10 mins, Team member X decides to afk to avoid elo loss. Is it possible to design the afk system to help good/honest people while punishing the bad? If only we could design a system that could punish the bad and not the good irl first imo.

snuggernaut565

12-02-2012

Hey, this is a related-yet unrelated issue. This has to deal more with the log-in screen than anything. (If i'm hijacking, just yell at me and I'll start my own thread)

When I log in, I typically have to do it twice. The first time I'll click log in, the log-in screen will close and then re-open and do nothing. I then have to manually close the client and restart the log-in process. It almost always works the 2nd time.

Specs:
Windows 7 (64bit)
AMD Turion II Processor
4GB RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 (integrated on my laptop)

Darikalx

12-02-2012

I have little more to contribute except a thank you to damiya for keeping us informed on the progress it really does make us feel better when a riot employee is willing to respond to threads like these

Keep up the good work Damiya!

Ixioran

12-02-2012

Bump for some answers please.