A few honest questions for you, Riot.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1697eea10cc58a812a603

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotDamiya View Post
I hate this bug with the passion of a thousand suns.

Unfortunately it's been a pain to reproduce because it only affects certain CPUs and only in a very strange obscure way under specific conditions.

We have an awesome team of Game Engineers, and thankfully there's one of them tackling it now. I can't offer an ETA, but know that it's on the radar.
There was a game where I finished loading, then the opponent says they were still loading at 16%...

So i waited...

his loading bar did not move at all from 16% for a minute.

I kept waiting cuz i thought maybe his computer sucks...

I waited...

I waited...

I waited...

still 16% loading...

my mind was blown and thought. maybe it's one of those BUG again.

and when i reconnected, the game has already started 15 mins ago and my team were so angry that I was threatened to get reported and banned.

LIKE WHAT THE F***!!!???? lol I thought whatever, LoL would've been a great game if not for the sh*tty client

just started laughing at how fail your client is.

Freöhr

12-01-2012

Quote:
I hate this bug with the passion of a thousand suns.

Unfortunately it's been a pain to reproduce because it only affects certain CPUs and only in a very strange obscure way under specific conditions.

We have an awesome team of Game Engineers, and thankfully there's one of them tackling it now. I can't offer an ETA, but know that it's on the radar.
This same problem used to happen to me, and I finally fixed it by using GameBooster whenever I launch League of Legends. You may want to look into that.

Fluff the Panda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2012

Quote:
Ok guys, just to clarify, let's split things a little bit.

There are two "chunks" of League. There's the one that happens in Adobe Air, which is everything leading up to Champion Select and that launch sound right before you see the League of Legends logo pop up. This also includes *after* the game ends (Stats screen, etc)

After that is the game client. That's the load screen, the game itself, all that stuff.

It sounds like people are reporting a crash AFTER the league logo, during the loading screen. Does it bugsplat (pop up the message from Bugsplat) or does it just hard crash and windows says "An error has occured"?
Edit: Windows 7 64-bit

Your email: N/A

Summary: Windows error

Product: League of Legends

Version: League of Legends 1.71.12_11_13_11_00

Description: After Loading screen begins the game will crash with a windows error if you alt tab immediately to do something else.

Steps to Reproduce: 1. Get into champion select.

2. Get past league of legends logo into loading screen

3. Immediately alt-tab

Expected Result: A succesfful minimized league of legends

Actual result: "League of Legends has encountered an error and has stopped working" or something of the sort of a Windows 7 error

Attachments: N/A

Ozmega

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2012

i have had all those issues,
also, nowadays when i die sometimes i get ths "reconnecting" msg, i still see the action going but
the dam square is annoying and confusing. fix plz?

ZJDreaM

12-01-2012

Annother thing I've noticed is that the AIR Client has a huge mem-leak issue, if I play several games in a row I've seen it get up above a million k memory, and once hit around one and a half, where as it only starts at around 205k.

EDIT: Relevant because most client issues I have happen after a while of it just mem leaking out of control.

Kakyoin Noriaki

12-01-2012

Quote:
It sounds like people are reporting a crash AFTER the league logo, during the loading screen. Does it bugsplat (pop up the message from Bugsplat) or does it just hard crash and windows says "An error has occured"?
For me, it bugsplats before the loading screen (game client) appears, but after the Champion Select screen (client) goes away and the League of Legends logo vanishes. See my detailed post on page 5 for more details about the issues I experience.

RoflMyPancakes

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protomannnn View Post
While this is completely unrelated to what he did probably, my client crashes on a weekly basis for what seems like no reason.

Normally if I leave it idle for a while. It likes to take up a lot of resources when you leave it alone and its been running for a long time.
My friends and I have a running joke that if you leave your client idle you're guaranteed to crash. We basically force each other to re-open League if we've left our client idle for a long period of time. It's almost guaranteed to crash or perform oddly.

Ixioran

12-01-2012

Quote:
While I can't speak to the questions beyond the scope of the air client, I would like to know a little bit about what you did to make it crash.

You said you were in a ranked lobby; were you running LoLReplay or LolRecorder? Are you on Windows 8?
I appreciate the response. However, by your admission, it addresses none of my questions. My problem is not that the game crashes. My problem is that I'm being punished for it. I'm sure you understand.

All of that being said, I understand you're trying to improve the game by collecting feedback, so I'll give it to you.

This just happened to me again, by the way.

I'll be in a lobby, either selecting a champion or typing a comment. When trying to select a champion for pick or ban, the game will take awhile to communicate with the server and not take the command I'm trying to give it. The red dialogue box informing me of a disconnection from PvP.net will also sometimes be present. I'm also running LoLReplay, if that is relevant. I am using Windows 7 Professional Edition. I think it's worth noting that I'm constantly ALT+TABing in and out of my client.

I will continue seeking answers to my questions. Cheers, Damiya.

amoenotep

12-01-2012

when i get the quarter window bug i just ESC>quit game>click on LoL game in taskbar>fixed. takes about 25secs or so. its pita, but not completely game ending for me.

Adobe Air when sitting idle or up for long periods starts to take more and more system resources to use. after being online for a few hours i noticed that it starts to get up around 600k mem useage, starts to become sluggish, starts to bug out the friends list. restarting the client is the only savior for it. upon a trying to restart it one of the processes has a tendency to hang and creates the "lol client still active push ok to close" message.

Amaranthin

12-01-2012

lolreplay bugsplats me, so I never use it.. The quarter screen I get quite often because I'm browsing stuff on a second monitor.. easy fix is to have your task manager open and just right click maximize on the league client