A few honest questions for you, Riot.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baseraper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
Hmmm, it seems I have been misunderstood. That comment was not directed at Ixorian.

It was directed at this charming fellow:

Perhaps I should have included the actual quote. Will edit original post for clarity.
Thanks for your answers. We may not might like them all but at least you've given us insight on a staff members thoughts on these issues.

KADAMA

12-03-2012

This **** happened to me this whole week and this community tells me I should smile and take it up the ass.

Luego

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

Re the "loss forgiven" thing. If loss forgiven came automatically if a champ ended the game < lvl 3, or never shopped, and the loss-forgiven did NOT apply to any duo-queue partner, I'd think that would solve 50% of the problems right there, and not leave abuse-cases. Yes, it doesn't help with the ragequitters, but it solves the whole "never connected" issue, which is a big one.

Fomorian27

12-03-2012

Quote:
3. I think you're rather cynical when it comes to the playerbase. There are inordinate amount of toxic players, yes, but I honestly feel that the majority is honest and well intended. That being said legitimate disconnections, I would wager, are far more numerous than the conditions you described. Again, this does not have to be an extreme either. You could also allow a loss forgiven due to disconnection in X amount of instances over X amount of time as you see fit.
You really don't know the player base do you?

KADAMA

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixioran View Post
So, Adobe AIR debug launcher crashed while I was in a ranked lobby. Needless to say, I was hit with a 30 minute queue ban for "dodging." I've had this problem before, and I'm sure others have too. This is, for lack of better words, not right.

That being said, I have a couple of questions for you, Riot.

Why am I being punished because your software can't run properly?

Why do you even have a queue ban when you know that things like this can happen and shut players undeserving of this punishment out of the queue?

Why does the time ban count for both queues?

How do you justify dedicating large amounts of resources to developing champions with fishboobs when your game and servers are constantly having technical issues?

Why is there an ELO deduction when there are one or members on any given team AFK?

I'm going to be bumping this until I get some answers, because I feel like these problems need to be addressed. It is unacceptable to be punishing your players for things that are outside of their own control. Not only does it compromise the integrity of the ranking system, it compromises the integrity of a company that should otherwise be fair and balanced in these situations.

I may or may not be adding more questions as I think of them. Good day.

Pretty much the reason for my bann, I lagged and got reported cuz I died. The other reason was 4 selfish players who wanted me (1 players) to waste all his gold on wards and be a support.

OneTobi

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
I can give some insight into some of these.

Why do you even have a queue ban when you know that things like this can happen and shut players undeserving of this punishment out of the queue?
Because without a queue dodge penalty people would be dodging games like crazy whenever things didn't go their way. Does this sometimes adversely affect people who don't deserve it? Yes. This is not ideal and we work hard make sure it happens as little as possible.

Why does the time ban count for both queues?
I imagine it's an incentives thing. I'd guess players would be much more willing to dodge if they were allowed to continue playing afterwards. You're queuing for ranked and you get a team you don't like. "Oh well I'll just dodge and go play a normal." Ranked dodging is already enough of a problem as it is, this would just make it worse. It sucks spending 8 minutes picking champs only to get sent back into queue.

How do you justify dedicating large amounts of resources to developing champions with fishboobs when your game and servers are constantly having technical issues?

Oh no! There was a big crash on the highway and tons of people are in need of surgery. Quick! Go round up the town dentists and get them into the operating room.

Fun story right? Also ridiculous. Most dentists can't perform open heart surgery. Similarly, the people we hire to make champions (like me) do not necessarily have the skills required to do things that ensure server stability.

It's also not like Riot is keeping me around at the expense of hiring qualified engineers. We've got the resources. Amazing engineers are just very hard to come by. Supply < Demand.

Why is there an ELO deduction when there are one or members on any given team AFK?
Because giving a free loss forgiven to a team with an AFK introduces exploits and incentivises bad behavior.

Got counter picked in lane while playing with friends? Pull your LAN cable. You'll lose elo but at least your buddy won't.

Support feeding and doing poorly? Ensure you don't lose ELO by yelling at him until he AFK's.

After seeing your season 2 win rate on Kassadin I really have to ask...

Do you even rift?
Demon Slayer got owned real hard.

Respect for Gypsy

Adurin

Recruiter

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damiya View Post
Ok guys, just to clarify, let's split things a little bit.

There are two "chunks" of League. There's the one that happens in Adobe Air, which is everything leading up to Champion Select and that launch sound right before you see the League of Legends logo pop up. This also includes *after* the game ends (Stats screen, etc)

After that is the game client. That's the load screen, the game itself, all that stuff.

It sounds like people are reporting a crash AFTER the league logo, during the loading screen. Does it bugsplat (pop up the message from Bugsplat) or does it just hard crash and windows says "An error has occured"?
I have a question for you Damiya, why have 2 separate Platforms for the game itself?

Webaholicson

12-16-2012

Has anyone had the issue when the champion screen finishes loading and you the games starts in you cannot click anywhere on the screen, you cant click on the mini map or any of your spells, all you can do is chat and scroll the screen by dragging your mouse to a corner. I've been having this issue since the last update and I haven't been able to play for 2 days now and I was in a ranked game when this happened so I pretty much lost elo and was AFK the whole time. Any ideas?