Shadow Isles VS The Void

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tommie

12-01-2012

Are the Shadow Isles even interested in taking over Runterra?

Icarax88

12-01-2012

The Void would devour the entire world, including the Shadow Isles.

"Our darkness will blot out the sun of Runeterra."

But in all seriousness, I think the Void, being an extra-dimensional world-eater realm would consume the Shadow Idles along with the rest of the world. Only one type of magic could repel them, and that magic has since been forgotten. And even then, it could only make a temporary barrier against the Voidborn.
The Void is always evolving, as evident with Cho'Gath, Kog'Maw, and Kha'Zix, as they've managed to overcome that special magic that repeled them before. As badass as the Shadow Isles are, I have no doubt a realm of extra-dimensional, ever-evolving, nightmare monstrosities could devour them. The Void consumes entire worlds and the Shadow Isles are simply a small part of that world.

And since the Void shares some Lovecraftian themes and the Shadow Isles revolves around death:
"That which is not dead can eternal lie, And with stange aeons even death may die."
The darkness of the Void will make even the dead of the Shadow Isles know fear again. There's only one world of light, let the one darkness destroy it.

On a side-note, a Void-Shadow Isles hybrid would be truly terrifying. Either a Voidborn dies and is resurrected in the Shadow Isles, or an undead spirit enters the Void and succumbs to its corruption.

shadooklaw

12-03-2012

This honestly needs some 'good' force >< You can't have two giant evil thingies going at each other without some self-righteous guys trying to save the day. That would ruin all the fun.

On a more serious note, on one side there's a massive monster that can eat the world and a mysterious overpowered being who hasn't shown itself as the bigger threats, while on the other side you have someone who can sing the world to death for whatever purposes, and some other guys with their own schemes.

If it were an all-out war between the two, I would cast my vote on the Shadow Isles, if only because I believe Karthus is actually a good guy that's going to save the world from destruction using his Requiem and there somehow being people that survive/something that lets new life bloom.

Quick edit: Damn, I forgot about the Karthus lore update. Why he doesn't sing his requiem already, I've no idea. Maybe the whole song would take a long-ass time or he needs some kind of giant magic microphone to broadcast it to the world.

Ask Warwick

12-04-2012

Void = Almost unlimited supply of soldiers because of the planets they have corrupted/consumed.

Shadow isles = As long as stuff dies they have troops.

Void = Almost godlike entities possibly able to obliterate Runterra with a click of their.... Fingers(?)

Shadow Isles = Idk...

I'd go with the void wining once the big daddies come and rip everything to pieces.

deathkillez

01-07-2013

Cho is league bicouse it entertains him so i think he alone could eat whole Shadow isles

Slayermaster115

01-07-2013

void

IMAFIRAHMAHLAZOR

01-08-2013

People say Void, but listen, Rengar was a non-void creature and yet he was able to fight Kha Zix to a draw. This makes me wonder, are creatures from the void stronge as their claim to be? Or are we just overestimating them?

Lajinn5

01-12-2013

The guy who said you don't shoot the boar with a rocket makes a good point, It's entirely possible that the void could easily wipe out Runeterra, will they? maybe, maybe not, it's clear that Runeterra is tough prey, as evidenced by people like Rengar and Kassadin being able to fight the void. It could be a case similar to Pantheon's people, Yes the Noxians could wipe them out, but they won't because the gains are to little for the amount that may be lost.

Icarax88

01-13-2013

Quote:
People say Void, but listen, Rengar was a non-void creature and yet he was able to fight Kha Zix to a draw. This makes me wonder, are creatures from the void stronge as their claim to be? Or are we just overestimating them?
Well, let's look at the facts.
Rengar jumped Kha'Zix
Kha'Zix took out his eye and brought Rengar to the brink of death
Rengar...didn't even leave a sctrach on Kha'Zix...

Well, I think we know who's the superior predator here.
"Fear the Void."

Phoe Dragon

01-13-2013

Out of the two, I'd definitely agree with the Void on this. Yes there are powers that could beat back individual Void figures like Rengar vs Kha'Zix, but an army from the Void, causing endless corruption, would be a very frightening force to be reckoned with.