Reporting and Tribunal system is broken for ranked games.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Artea

11-30-2012

Quote:
The people who have made it into the Tribunal are very much a minority, and the ones that are punished are even moreso. Most people don't have to worry about it. Only those who are consistently rude to others have any reason to worry.
Although you might be right that less than 50% of the playerbase has been to tribunal, judging by the new justice review, I'd have to say 75% or so of people who make it there are punished.

nennx

11-30-2012

riot just doesn't give a **** about its players anymore, they will continue to pretend like they do, but all of riot's business decisions point to nope. tribunal, insane champions costs, unplayable game without money investment (unless you've been playing for a long time), etc are all fairly recent things that have just made the game worse. i guess we can blame the chinese

riot has gone to **** and so has league of legends

SandDude

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Ahris1Chalice View Post
no, if someone is trolling u and its obvious to u its probably obvious to everyone else, why call them out and tell them they are reported, or ask for other people to report, its just feeding the troll.
ban is deserved.

That makes no sense. Why is promoting reporting with a majority of a really bad player either attitude wise or just trolling a bad thing and it self should be reported. You don't have to call them out but is asking the other team to help get rid of this bad player it self should be an cause for a report??

SandDude

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magister Gir View Post
honestly didn't read it all of it, I scrolled down to your examples read them but nothing to support them with because I can't even get the link, I can't see stuff if it doesn't exist, also the Tribunal is fair (in the most part) like I use it all the time and I make sure I read the cases, yes I'm one of those people who also ban people for saying "gg noob"/"gg easy win". I continued to scroll down though not insta down vote or upvote yet and saw you saying "newbies be butthurt" I'm just like wth really. Post your results and then I'll consider you not deserving a ban but because you didn't then you did. ALso the tribunal does take in consideration the people that don't get it right meaning say a person does nothing but punish? well their vote isn't going to be weighed as heavily as someone who's been voting and has actually gotten their past votes correctly. Meaning if I have a 100% winning case ratio to someone who has a 45% winning case ratio, my vote is more heavier than his/her.

maybe if you don't come off as a toxic player (calling other people newbies or scrubs) I might of, as well as others, take this into consideration but you seem just like every other whining jerk wad that got banned for a good reason
Dude i don't care if i got banned or not. I don't get why no one gets that point. I care about how this thing is just not working. And that logic doesn't even work is there more people that just spam punish or are there more people that actually assess the case. If more people spam punish then those people are going to have a higher winning case ratio. So unless the stats come out you really can't make that argument.

Samurai047

11-30-2012

Don't rage in chat. Very simple. Thank me later.

SandDude

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artea33 View Post
Although you might be right that less than 50% of the playerbase has been to tribunal, judging by the new justice review, I'd have to say 75% or so of people who make it there are punished.

But you don't consider how many people are actually playing on a daily bases and who are playing like once a week. If you get rid of all the inactive accounts and look at the stats again it is way more than 50%.

SandDude

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augratafier View Post
1.) That is an assumption that has never been backed up. When I did my cases today, I didn't give 2 craps what I thought people would vote. I voted based on whether I thought th person deserved punishment.

2.) It doesn't matter who reported the player. It doesn't matter how the other players were acting. A player cannot control how other people act. He can control how he acts and how he responds to things. I'm judging this player, not the other ones. If they are consistently bad, they will have their own cases.

3.) The threshold is already very high. It has been stated that you need hundreds of reports across dozens of games to get into the Tribunal the first time.

The people who have made it into the Tribunal are very much a minority, and the ones that are punished are even moreso. Most people don't have to worry about it. Only those who are consistently rude to others have any reason to worry.
That is not true at all, One report can land you in the tribunal, if it is like what you said dozens of games with hundreds of reports why don't they show more cases instead of just one or two for some cases. I think over all maybe the people who make it into the tribunal is a minority considering how many accounts are inactive and how many only play normal/dominion/twisted treeline i mean in those game people are less likely to get reported. Because nothing is on the line so people care less so less reports are sent. But in a ranked game it is more intense and elo is at stake so more reports are sent. This is just a hypothesis but that's why i said this could be an area where the tribunal should be improved upon. Include game types and have Riot release the stats.