Dragon Trainer Lulu Color Suggestions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PwnBaron

11-29-2012

When Dragon Trainer Lulu was first released I was admittedly disappointed. However, after closely examining the skin through out the week I have been realizing that the skin is much more different from the original than it first appears to be.

Many people (including myself) thought Lulu was being brushed aside for the sake of her pet, but this is simply not true. I now realize that Lulu's Dragon Trainer model is more than a recolor of her original skin. She has an ornate headdress and staff, curly locks of hair, a remodeled face, and new clothes too.

However, these changes were not immediately noticeable to me and apparently a lot of other people struggled to notice them too. I think that this is due to her current color scheme. It is much less lively and vibrant. From a distance her head looks like one big blob. I have trouble telling where her hat ends and her hair begins. It is also hard to make out the designs on her hat and staff. I think that increasing the brightness, saturation, and overall contrast will go a long way in making players recognize Dragon Trainer Lulu for the great skin that it really is.

The skin might also benefit from some slight adjustment to the flame based spell effects. In their current state it is difficult to tell the flames of the Dragon Trainer skin from the bolts in the Classic skin. This is largely due to the high speeds they travel at. Changing the hues of these spells from blue-violet and pink to red-violet might make it easier to associate her spells with fire.

Here are some examples.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PwnBaron

12-01-2012

I would like to draw a parallel to Kha'zix and his Mecha skin. Mecha Kha'zix had changes made to him that were hard to ignore. Flashing lights, fiery explosions, and flaring rockets all contrasted sharply with his Classic spell effects. The bright reds and yellows used for the Mecha's abilities varied greatly from the violets predominant in the Classic skin too. These visual effects were also complemented by the sound effects that made it feel like you were shooting rockets instead of spines and using jets instead of insect wings and were more obvious in battles. Even though Mecha Kha had only one new joke, his modulated voice was noticeable every time he said anything at all.

League of Legend is unfortunately not a game that allows for much subtlety in visuals. Games can be fast and frantic and players do not often have the opportunity to zoom in on their character or spam emotes. Players want to feel that the purchases they make have an impact on their game experience. Dragon Trainer Lulu has the making of a great skin already present. However, these elements might need to be blatantly exaggerated so that they can be more noticeable more often.