~Queue Dodging Solution~

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Demrock

11-16-2012

I'm not up on the nerd terminology, but in the champion select screen, instead of forcing people into random teams with players that are toxic (and trolling people before a game even starts) and then imparting a 28 minute ban on them if they decide they don't want to play with some screaming, crying, psychotic gamer... Why not change the player select to allow a cohesive team to kick an obvious troll and make room for a player who actually wants to help? This would encourage people to work together, and be friendly, and all the little sick players who just want to log in and make the game miserable for others will have to play with EACH OTHER!

If I had $1 for every time I dodged a game because I knew I was about to play with a troll or an afker, someone bent on ruining the game for me and for others, I'd have all the skins I want. There are so many people who just love to ruin this game. Making this change would alter the community very quickly.

I know my thoughts will be ignored by Riot (because they don't give a ****) and by about 90% of the player/forum base (because they are all screaming, crying, psychotic gamer trolls), but maybe if enough people get on board with the idea and demand it, it could change how the game is played.

Mictlantl

11-20-2012

on the contrary, youu are not the first one to think about this, part of the solution was the honor system, and this one will be like topping it off

the only complications i see is live racism before a game, as always, anyway there must be a way to polish this concept

BigScary

11-21-2012

I totally agree, as long as the decision is made before the round starts to ensure it has nothing to do with the player's actual skill. I wouldn't want players to start abusing a system like this just to dodge losing games and increase their wins.

To add to this, it would be nice to log a copy of the pre-game conversation, so that if a particular player is showing a pattern of being booted from lobbies, the tribunal can review the circumstances and possibly take action.

infinite azure

11-21-2012

Your rant is a wee bit toxic in and of itself. You might want to check your retaliation, as their behavior doesn't give you a free pass to rage. They won't do this because it's very easy to harness for negative causes. People can just become less kind and gang up and bully someone into dodging or voting out a player in order to avoid playing against a certain champ or with a certain person.

There are a lot of negatives to this you might not have considered.

Rawr Luke

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ┼zure View Post
Your rant is a wee bit toxic in and of itself. You might want to check your retaliation, as their behavior doesn't give you a free pass to rage. They won't do this because it's very easy to harness for negative causes. People can just become less kind and gang up and bully someone into dodging or voting out a player in order to avoid playing against a certain champ or with a certain person.

There are a lot of negatives to this you might not have considered.

I completely agree with Azure. This would only cause problems.