Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Game][Major] HUD is transparent, items difficult to see, textures bugged.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glallian

11-29-2012

Hey all, I've joined 2 games to see how the new patch looks and I haven't even been able to play :/ my first game was a loss and my second was a single player game to see if i could fix it but.
see attached picture to see what's happening to me! the item shop is messed up and there is blue replacing some textures all over the world.
There is also extreme lag the first minute of play, especially when accessing the shop...

December 7th (vi patch):
The new patch introducing has made the lag problem worse. I wasn't in-game until about 4 minutes, wasn't in lane until 5 minutes because I had to wait a solid minute for the shop to open after I clicked it. All these new updates and items look awesome (like Vi!) but I haven't really been able to try any of it because my menu's are all screwed up, or have a good game due to the lag.
GAME IS NOW UNPLAYABLE. Starting that late I have no chance against people who are even remotely good at league. Can you please get me a fix? It's been over a week.

I also crashed out last game and had to hard reset. I'm assuming some of the lag/the crash is from Vi but I haven't been in a game yet where there isn't one on our team and the other team. -.-

I want this lag and these visual bugs to go away!

I've updated, reinstalled, repaired, defragged. It's the patch, not my computer.

Serphew

11-29-2012

I have same problem, have you found a way to fix it?

Glallian

11-30-2012

I haven't found a solution. :/
Also, over 100 views but no help. :O

vLemon

QA Analyst

11-30-2012

Hey guys. Have you tried repairing the client? You can do that by going to the patcher (the window before the login screen) and click on the gears on the top right corner. A new window will pop up and you be able to click on Repair.

If after the Repair you are still experiencing the issue, could you upload your dxdiag and r3d logs?
You can find instructions on how to get those logs here (https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/20076987-league-of-legends-logs).

studentmaster

11-30-2012

ya same things happening to me. i tried repairing but it didn't work. it has been like this for the last two weeks when they updated for the new ui and new itemization.

i don't get the blue splotches on the ground like he gets in the picture, but the hud for the shop is all clear like that and where the item icons should be its just black boxes. all the hud windows are messed up like this actually.

also btw for uploading your r3d logs make sure to get them from the pbe client folder. the link vlemon gives from the faq only gives the path to live clients r3d logs.

C:\Documents and Settings\me\Desktop\LOLPBE\Logs\Game - R3d Logs

Glallian

11-30-2012

I repaired the client to no avail! Here are my past 2 games logs and my dxdiag. Thanks for the response!

vLemon

QA Analyst

12-01-2012

Can you update your drivers and tell me if that changes anything?

Glallian

12-01-2012

Nothing :/

Glallian

12-03-2012

Is there a fix yet?

Tarz

12-03-2012

I've had this happen to me too. When I press alt + enter twice (going to windowed, then back to full screen), it solved the issue for me.