"I ain't got a college degree but I have lots of people working for me"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dobagoh

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeppaNil View Post
I've always been told ever since I was small to "get good grades in school". Back then I didn't know why, but now that I'm in my senior year, I think it's because my parents wanted me to go to a "good" college. I don't know much about the world, but I'm not even an adult yet, and I still got a lot to see in life. I just want the security of going to college. I feel like they've worked hard to build a path for me to go to college and I don't want to let them down.
You're going to enjoy working at Starbucks, or better yet, McDonald's.

Quision

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobagoh View Post
You're going to enjoy working at Starbucks, or better yet, McDonald's.
Long as I'm happy and I have my health.

Dobagoh

11-29-2012

Quote:
Long as I'm happy and I have my health.
You're going to be miserable knowing you wasted four years of your life so you could be the world's floor mat for the rest of your life.

Quision

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobagoh View Post
You're going to be miserable knowing you wasted four years of your life so you could be the world's floor mat for the rest of your life.
Who said four years? I also didn't know you could predict the future.

Look Dobagoh, you've got you're ideas, your living you're life, and I'm going to do likewise. Just because you don't like how someone else thinks doesn't mean you should look down at them.

Ok. Now I'm done.

Dobagoh

11-29-2012

Quote:
Who said four years? I also didn't know you could predict the future.

Look Dobagoh, you've got you're ideas, your living you're life, and I'm going to do likewise. Just because you don't like how someone else thinks doesn't mean you should look down at them.

Ok. Now I'm done.
I have every right to look down on you and discourage you from doing what you're planning on doing. It's my tax dollars going to support your lazy, unfocused ass to go to college on the assumption that you'll get a good paying job when you graduate so you can pay back those loans (which isn't going to happen at Starbucks) and it's your moronic choice to enroll in college (for no reason other than "my parents want me to") which is going to drive up the tuition costs for my children should they decide to matriculate.

CatchandKiss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2012

Listen to Biz and Dobs, pls. They're easily the most successful people here and they are talking aboot through first hand experience.
College is a fine path - for people with the right aptitude and drive. For most people though, it's a complete waste of their time of money. They'd be better off starting a business or learning a trade or taking up an internship or w/e. There's no shame at all in earning a decent living the old fashioned blue collar way.

Dobs had an IQ of like 187 or so, and numerous scholarships and connection to ace firms so college was right for him. He'd be worse off now had he chosen to abstain.
Biz had better people skills than book smarts, and a touch of sociopathy to match his excess entrepreneurial spirit, so college was easily wrong for him. He'd be much worse off now if he put aside the planning out his latest get rich quick to Achievement Unlock a piece of paper with a signature.

Identify your strengths, and take the path that matches them. Don't just do what is expected by the people that lived through different times and circumstances.

Antarctica

11-29-2012

schul is fur fuls

CatchandKiss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fog View Post
schul is fur fuls
If I evr wanted to rite gud i'd pay a guy inindia 10 sents a hour to rite gud for me.

Frequently

11-29-2012

A deep quote from a deep man
I would expect nothing less from the legend himself

Yummy Blueberry

11-29-2012

gni NOB LIIIIIIIIII