"I ain't got a college degree but I have lots of people working for me"

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThaBizness

11-29-2012

Said Charles Barkly a minute ago during the Spurs/Heat game.

Pretty great qoute.

Naokazu

11-29-2012

That's trrrbl ya big knukahead.

Quision

11-29-2012

He should have said "The odds of having someone working for you are slim to none if you don't have a college degree."

Rahgar

11-29-2012

Last I checked, you didn't need to have a college degree to be tall and black.

Dobagoh

11-29-2012

nobody cares, i don't even know who charles barkley is and quite honestly, i don't care about people who don't matter

GreenEyedMonster

11-29-2012

I notice a lot of people without a college degree preach how it's a waste of time/money etc.

Trust me, it can only do you good.

People without college degree's who are incredibly successful get there through sheer luck, will power, skill, or genius.

If you are sitting around berating college degrees angrily, you probably have none of the above and are just jealous.

I can't tell you how many doors my degree has opened for me. In most cases good jobs require you to have experience in a field. You can't get experience if you don't have experience? Wha? That's what degrees do, they get you in the door for your experience.

ThaBizness

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobagoh View Post
nobody cares, i don't even know who charles barkley is and quite honestly, i don't care about people who don't matter
He has lost millions due to a gambling addiction.

Plus, he has many great qoutes like this one.

Good guy.

ThaBizness

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEyedMonster View Post
I notice a lot of people without a college degree preach how it's a waste of time/money etc.

Trust me, it can only do you good.

People without college degree's who are incredibly successful get there through sheer luck, will power, skill, or genius.

If you are sitting around berating college degrees angrily, you probably have none of the above and are just jealous.

I can't tell you how many doors my degree has opened for me. In most cases good jobs require you to have experience in a field. You can't get experience if you don't have experience? Wha? That's what degrees do, they get you in the door for your experience.
I thought the qoute was funny and didn't want to argue about it but I do think college is a waste of time. Nope I don't have a degree and I'm just fine without one.

However I am pushing college to the kids in my house as an option. Never hurts to have different paths towards your goals of success. I wouldn't blame them if they decided to not go to college and aim bigger though.

GreenEyedMonster

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaBizness View Post
I thought the qoute was funny and didn't want to argue about it but I do think college is a waste of time. Nope I don't have a degree and I'm just fine without one.
It wasn't a funny quote, it's an ignorant quote. College opens doors despite what you think.

Quote:
I wouldn't blame them if they decided to not go to college and aim bigger though.
Aim bigger as in towards what goal?

ThaBizness

11-29-2012

Running their own lives, able to adapt when their feild of study takes a hit or is no longer needed, The abiltity to make money right away as opposed to waiting, I did not need college and I'm guessing many people don't.

12345 ... 6