Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

madreds blood razor vs blade of the ruined king

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkSaijin

11-29-2012

why is riots solution to the MBR the blade of the ruined king? its does the same amount of magic damage but the blade does it in physical damage AND it does it with CURRENT health, not max health.

with MBR if they build magic resist, then it will do less damage but still constant damage. its meant for high health targets and it can wreck the squishies.

blade of the ruined king does physical damage on current health. so if they build armor, then it will nerf the whole item(health steal, damage and the current health proc)
it does less damage the less health they have. so as you hit them, it wont only not do any damage, but will do even less damage the lower health they get. plus if they have thornmail, which is a given that tanks will have for physical auto attackers, it will nerf your health steal, damage, and health proc.

how about a balance change for the MBR? instead of 4% of health as magic damage, why dont they do 2.5% as true damage?

i know its to change the meta but what exactly are they promoting with the removal of a constant reliable damage item to replace it with an item that can potentially be nerfed with 1 armor item?

Darklarik

11-29-2012

I think the big problem here is Current Health. It dosent offer a real solution against Tanks anymore. Riot just wants to enforce this Bruiser meta by removing or nerfing the only counters (DFG MBR)

DarkSaijin

11-29-2012

so then what are you supposed to do against tanks if your playing with an auto attack champ? obviously you would work with your team to take them down, but there have been many of times where the adc and a tank is left after a team fight and the adc would win because of MBR regardless of having low health.

they want to "shake up" the meta, but taking out MBR will just give me more of a reason to build health/armor to nerf the blade of the ruined king, which is exactly what it is.

Vsin

11-29-2012

4% of Current...yeah, I'm not a fan of that either. It's great for taking the top of the health bar, but as soon as you drop to ~20% mark it's just anti-baiting you to chase for a kill you can't actually secure.

Srey

11-29-2012

It's better because it has an active, is a lot cheaper, builds from a great item, and has great stats.

DarkSaijin

11-29-2012

Quote:
Vsin:
4% of Current...yeah, I'm not a fan of that either. It's great for taking the top of the health bar, but as soon as you drop to ~20% mark it's just anti-baiting you to chase for a kill you can't actually secure.

it takes 1 item to nerf blade of the ruined king, thornmail. then more armor. heII just building atmas impaler nerfs the blade

DarkSaijin

11-29-2012

Quote:
Srey:
It's better because it has an active, is a lot cheaper, builds from a great item, and has great stats.

the active is not that great. it slows which is nice, but the damage is non existant, and yet again, its nerfed by armor, which in turn nerfs the entire item. its cheap but not that cheap, still takes time to build it.

i used the active on bots, and i did not see their health move a centimeter. they were slowed lol but not damaged
maybe if the active damage was magic damage instead of physical, then just maybe it wouldnt be so bad. but the fact that its ALL PHYSICAL DAMAGE means its not something i would keep late game

you know whats a good item with an active? hextech gunblade, its the same thing but does it in magic damage and slows them as well, but the damage is also kinda bleh, but that actually has an interesting passive with 3 second cooldown per auto attack to champs
i still think they should keep MBR, but make it 2.5% of max health and make it do true damage, or even make blade of the ruined king do true damage if its going to be current health

Fox P McCloud

11-29-2012

Things I like about blade:
-Very good stats
-Insanely good active
-Physical damage all the way

Things I don't like:
-Current health
-Health is now cheaper.

My biggest issue is that it's current health, really---if this was change, I think it would be an amazing item and provide an effective alternative to blood-thirster for some ranged carries.....That said, it's current health, so the DPS of it really starts falling off. On top of this, armor is weaker in S3, but health is way stronger (namely way easier to get now in bigger quantities and considerably cheaper), which further weakens this item since it is current health.

IonDragonX

11-29-2012

I like the Blade of the Ruined King just fine. I don't want Riot to remove it.

I would like to see a second build option to the Madred's Razor, tho.

Kise

Recruiter

11-29-2012

It's crappy on its own but it synergizes with runaan's pretty good. I have seen WW's building it too but it only adds more to his sustain, not his killing potential.