Hi, I'm Griftrix, Let me explain my job title

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

11-30-2012
69 of 96 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akaiwa View Post
@Griftrix Why do birds suddenly appear, everytime you are near...
Just like me, they long to be close to you.

Griftrix

11-30-2012
70 of 96 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenDryks View Post
Griftix, I think I remember you saying you play at around 1100 elo? Would you describe yourself as a Red of the people?

Also, our Lord Parrot says he likes you. Congrats :O
I would, except when you phrase it like that it sounds very USSR if you know what I mean.

Good Guy Gordon

11-30-2012

This thread has 69 Riot Posts. Leave it like this forever.

We have the technology.

Edit : DAMN! TOO LATE!!! WHYYYYYY

Griftrix

11-30-2012
71 of 96 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyverius View Post
Griftrix, do you also build the tools for the water animation for the new support Nami? Her ult looks badass

Also, can you explain other tools that you build for animating other things? When the artists need new tools to animate, or just use the existing one/manually do it? Or do you just blindly give whatever they ask =p

EDIT: You also design something (tools, code, program, etc), therefore you can be called designer too, literally...
Nah, you can thank some other guys for the particle stuff on Nami. As far as it looking good, that credit goes fully to the particle artist.

Usually it's a new feature of the engine, or correcting some behavior that was never used before to be more consistent with the rest of the animation system. We don't often make whole new tools, just options and features.

Griftrix

11-30-2012
72 of 96 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreshel View Post
pronounced Grif-Trix or Grift-Rix? Because Grift-Rix sounds cooler
Que vous voulez.

Auryiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
I would, except when you phrase it like that it sounds very USSR if you know what I mean.
Tech guy comrade, Red of the people!

Hey, that could be your forum title!

Zerglinator

11-30-2012

Silly Grif, trix are for kids!

Griftrix

11-30-2012
73 of 96 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSNBluebear View Post
the way you compared garen with kata and yi and so was quite stupid. sry to say it but it was a bad move :3

you are right that you cant compare champs based on ults but garen and darius got very smilair kits and your examples was quite bad at one point ^^
It was meant to be stupid. It was a hyperbolic example to point out the shallowness of comparing abilities in a vacuum and saying the champions are the same. While Garen and Darius have some similarities, I imagine it like a funhouse mirror distortion, and the end result plays completely differently than the original. It's great to compare the total champions to each other, and even pointing out their similarities is fine, but it's still unfair to compare just the ults and make a judgement on the balance of the 2 from that.

Redenbacher

11-30-2012

So you used the example of fixing an issue with Zed's attack animation while moving - as another example, where you responsible for the tech that allowed Draven to catch axes while running? I guess I'm curious if you're responsible for adding 'new' tech, or better enabling 'old' tech.

Either way, your work is appreciated!

Griftrix

11-30-2012
74 of 96 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
So you used the example of fixing an issue with Zed's attack animation while moving - as another example, where you responsible for the tech that allowed Draven to catch axes while running? I guess I'm curious if you're responsible for adding 'new' tech, or better enabling 'old' tech.

Either way, your work is appreciated!
I had nothing to do with that. Draven has some of the most complicated animations in our game right now (2 spinning axes?!?!) but he was being finished just as I was starting at Riot and I did not work on him. Much of what he does was actually VERY creative use of some of the tech that already existed. Did I mention that I work with very clever animators and designers as well as awesome programmer bros?