Hi, I'm Griftrix, Let me explain my job title

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akaiwa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2012

@Griftrix Why do birds suddenly appear, everytime you are near...

Auryiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2012

Griftix, I think I remember you saying you play at around 1100 elo? Would you describe yourself as a Red of the people?

Also, our Lord Parrot says he likes you. Congrats :O

Flodoard

11-30-2012

Welcome to us community Griftrix! we are happy to have you!
(but just make sure not to get eaten alive. it's best to have perfect grammar)

Great Red Ape

11-30-2012

Sounds like he's just a tracer.

Slyverius

11-30-2012

Griftrix, do you also build the tools for the water animation for the new support Nami? Her ult looks badass

Also, can you explain other tools that you build for animating other things? When the artists need new tools to animate, or just use the existing one/manually do it? Or do you just blindly give whatever they ask =p

EDIT: You also design something (tools, code, program, etc), therefore you can be called designer too, literally...

Kreshel

11-30-2012

pronounced Grif-Trix or Grift-Rix? Because Grift-Rix sounds cooler

Bekkal

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
Grifter was filtered by Everquest name filter as being an -er word (verb). I had made a noam mage and thought Griftrix sounded magey. When the Sullon Zek pvp server started I made an ogre shadowknight there and killed literally thousands of people. Then I found out the name is never taken, so it worked for me.
You just became my favorite Red.

IS14696195e1336cdef530a

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
Not at all. You know what happened in that thread? The majority of people were defending my points, so I didn't have anything left to do there. I have no idea if Garen or Darius is balanced, but that's not what I was talking about. People started looking at the whole kits and the discussion flourished.
the way you compared garen with kata and yi and so was quite stupid. sry to say it but it was a bad move :3

you are right that you cant compare champs based on ults but garen and darius got very smilair kits and your examples was quite bad at one point ^^

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

11-30-2012
67 of 96 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphtronics View Post
Mind asking them why some popular Fan Art aren't "good enough" to be implemented into the game? Would love to know =)
Who are you quoting with "good enough". I'm pretty sure those aren't my words.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

11-30-2012
68 of 96 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scazzaf View Post
Hey Griftrix, I'm a current college freshman with 4+ years of experience with autocad/inventor/solidworks, where should I go from there if I want to end up in a line of work like yours or the animation team at Riot? I was thinking maya or visual studio.

Also, I forgive you for not ganking top lane in that custom with Riotvinx the other night.
Babies are the strongest form of CC.
Figure out where your passion is. Is it programming or animating? Then make something better than anyone else.