Hi, I'm Griftrix, Let me explain my job title

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

11-30-2012
61 of 96 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH NO ITS LU BU View Post
Shunned twice. Time for seppuku. Griftrix, were you a wild cats fan back in the day and that's why you wanted the name Grifter?
Yes. Also, I didn't know about your cooking show. That's cool though. If you could make me a real baba rhum I would be SOOOO happy.

Bromoflexual

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2012

Variable attack animations based on distance to the enemy champion and their current health. That way the attacks would look a bit more playful when they're full and a bit more deadly when they're injured. Also, I'd imagine he'd have an ability that would seduce them. Then he'd wrap the whip around them and pull them in slowly. The animation would probably check the model size of the enemy and its shape. Lastly, maybe a tail that performed idle animations unconnected to current model animations.
EDIT: I has many more ideas!

Griftrix

11-30-2012
62 of 96 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Griftrix is a smart, smart man. Far smarter than I. And handsome! *swoon*

Also, he loves Leona and has many, many skin ideas for said Leona.

I <3 Griftrix. You should too!
Thanks! ^ this guy is also awesome. When he says Leona skin ideas, he means dragon Leona, where every one of her abilities just has a dragon that flies down and attacks for her. The beauty of this skin is that it works for all champions, so we can make a theme.

Q: dragon flies down and stuns champion
W: dragon breaths fire around Leona
E: dragon flies down and carries her to the target
R: dragon breaths fire on target area

Raiyn

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
Not at all. You know what happened in that thread? The majority of people were defending my points, so I didn't have anything left to do there. I have no idea if Garen or Darius is balanced, but that's not what I was talking about. People started looking at the whole kits and the discussion flourished.

Yay. First time a red's responded to me.

And yessir, I do know what happened in that thread, I kept asking a very specific question

which..sort of got answered.

Edit: Also kinda hurt that you didn't seem my contribution to that thread, because I actually defended you to an ******* in the thread that said your position was worthless.

Around page 51? or 21? Something with a 1.

OH NO ITS LU BU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2012

Quote:
Yes. Also, I didn't know about your cooking show. That's cool though. If you could make me a real baba rhum I would be SOOOO happy.
oh, I can do a baba rhum with like all sorts of booze. my cooking show is called "cooking with lu bu" and ironstylus is arguably my biggest fan

Griftrix

11-30-2012
63 of 96 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtue Absolute View Post
Variable attack animations based on distance to the enemy champion and their current health. That way the attacks would look a bit more playful when they're full and a bit more deadly when they're injured. Also, I'd imagine he'd have an ability that would seduce them. Then he'd wrap the whip around them and pull them in slowly. The animation would probably check the model size of the enemy and its shape. Lastly, maybe a tail that performed idle animations unconnected to current model animations.
Ok cool. Do you have any reference pics so I can get a better idea of your vision?

Griftrix

11-30-2012
64 of 96 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiyn View Post
Yay. First time a red's responded to me.

And yessir, I do know what happened in that thread, I kept asking a very specific question

which..sort of got answered.

Edit: Also kinda hurt that you didn't seem my contribution to that thread, because I actually defended you to an ******* in the thread that said your position was worthless.

Around page 51? or 21? Something with a 1.
I saw it. It's one of the reasons I stopped posting there. I didn't have to anymore because of people like you who got it. So thank you

Raiyn

11-30-2012

Quote:
I saw it. It's one of the reasons I stopped posting there. I didn't have to anymore because of people like you who got it. So thank you

My day was awesome.

My day now just went past something that I don't even know a word for.

Supercali..no no.. I .. just...Tears of joy. When I get to 1k wins, I want to play a game with you.

Bromoflexual

11-30-2012

Quote:
Ok cool. Do you have any reference pics so I can get a better idea of your vision?
Are you asking for a picture of an incubus or a picture of an incubus mid attack and seduction?

Griftrix

11-30-2012
65 of 96 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtue Absolute View Post
Are you asking for a picture of an incubus or a picture of an incubus mid attack and seduction?
Whatever can help get your idea across.