A QoL suggestion for Zed's ulti.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

David12596

11-25-2012

I would like to leave a suggestion that came to mind when I was playing Zed. I would like to see a visual indication (both Zed, his allies, and enemies can see it) of how much damage a enemy will take at the end of Death Mark. For example; say the enemy you use Death Mark on has 600 health and at the end of the duration it will do 300 damage, so half of that enemy's hp will be red showing that. This would give a Zed player a better idea of when to back of knowing his ulti is going to get the kill, how much more damage they will need, etc.

How do people feel about this?

The Magic Stick

11-25-2012

With playing champions like that, you should be able to know when you are and aren't based upon skill level. To more experienced players, that would be like a smack to the face.

David12596

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magic Stick View Post
With playing champions like that, you should be able to know when you are and aren't based upon skill level. To more experienced players, that would be like a smack to the face.
While this is true to some extent and I did take that into consideration, I don't think people that are as...err..not as experience as the pros should be punish just because they took a chance and did not know how much damage they ulti is going to do by heart. Also if both teams are experience; then the player that has Death Mark would know if they would die or not, so i don't see this as a huge problem.

JJ Unbreakable

11-26-2012

Why only Zed's ult and no-one else/no other ability?

David12596

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Unbreakable View Post
Why only Zed's ult and no-one else/no other ability?
Because zeds ulti takes a percent of damage you deal within a given time frame and deals damage based on that percent of damage at the end of the ability.

Alithalor

11-26-2012

Vlad's Ult does the same thing. Mao's Ult does damage when you end it based on damage done while it's active.

Play Zed long enough and you just get the feel for it. I was expecting your suggesting to be something like if Mark doesn't go off it refreshes the CD or something.

David12596

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alithalor View Post
Vlad's Ult does the same thing. Mao's Ult does damage when you end it based on damage done while it's active.

Play Zed long enough and you just get the feel for it. I was expecting your suggesting to be something like if Mark doesn't go off it refreshes the CD or something.
Vlad's ulti increase damage taken during the ulti, not after.

Mao's ulti generally is not used as a tool to get a kill with and is more used just to give allies the buff. Also Mao's ulti has a cap on it. They will know no matter how much damage you take during it, what the cap is at the moment. That is not like zed's ulti who has no cap and is percent base.

wee little panda

11-30-2012

Necro'ing this thread somewhat to put in my suggestion for Zed.

I honestly think his ult could use one quality of life buff where if Zed's marked target dies before the ult detonates the cd is only put on cd for 6 to 4 seconds. Something to reward either good team play in the sense that the target dies before the ult goes off or you're just so ridiculously fed that you just do all the damage needed before the target dies. At least I feel in this change Zed will get that ability to have that slippery feel in a team fight and just being able to jump around and assassinate.