Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Support on TT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yoogee

11-29-2012

I am beginning to see people attempt to play support on TT. Please confirm this is troll bait .

chezwickcheese

11-29-2012

Seems like a waste to run a full support on TT. I can see how a tank/cc monster support would work (Blitz) or a high damage/cc mage support (Zyra) would work

AndersMMO

11-29-2012

http://cndgamingdotcom.wordpress.com/guides/general-3v3/team-composition/

"Support – In Twisted Treeline, conventional supports rapidly become inviable. The support role, by definition, makes a character take a back-line role, in a situation with so few players as a 3v3, each player needs to be on the fore-front. As such, traditional supports like Soraka, Taric, Sona, etc. lose the vast majority of their viability as supports. However, many “support” champions are still very strong in TT however, they can no longer be built support. For instance, Soraka, still has her supportive skill set and general role, but can no longer stack GP10s into a shurelya’s, aegis, and Frozen Heart like she would in SR, instead she builds largely AP either rushing Rod of Ages, or going Hextech Revolver into Rylai’s."

If you'd like me to elaborate further just ask

Roman

11-29-2012

there is no such thing as 0 cs support in 3s but as far as i know only lulu nunu karma are viable

Bobinatorlol

11-29-2012

Like the above posts say the support role in TT is not identical to the support role in SR. Unless you have an ADC on your team or some other champ that gets very strong the longer the game goes and the more items they get. If they are running a true support role it mostly means they are letting the other person get all the CS when in a duo lane. Only seen this from Leona/Nunu/Malph. But for the most part support champs go tank/ap/hybrid and need CS. Having a support works out well because if top or bot gets pushed the jungle always has a camp or two available before you need to get back to lane.

Some support champs and match ups I have seen:
I ran Shen/Leona/Jax in ranked and it was very strong.
Support Nunu/Vayne is sort of popular.
I have seen a handful of of Support Malph with Vayne or Ez.
Support Zyra is seen around. From what I have noticed with her though is she usually ends up with the kills in bot lane early-mid game so it sort of evens out.
Voli is a decent support usually goes into the jungle around level 6.
Lulu is good if you have a lane partner that jungles often or if she has her own solo lane.
Maokai is okay, if the bot lane needs a baby sitter. If not he can jungle.
Late game Yorick is basically a support role. Your biggest concern is to put your ult on your carry before they die. And slow the enemy off of the carry. I have played with a comp of Yorick/Mao/Vayne and that did okay.

I am sure this is not all of them but this is what I have ran into on TT. In solo queue, duo bot is usually free game when it comes to CS. Too many people think by picking a support champ you are not going to farm CS. I picked Lulu one match when a Brand insisted I go with him bot. He then got mad because I was "support" and stealing his CS. He was so upset because he claims Lulu does no damage that he went into the jungle to farm. This brand would even go as far as coming to lane and ult'ing creep waves to keep me from having CS. The game ended at 15 min with a win and me going 9-1 and brand going 0-3.

Boo

11-29-2012

play vayne nunu and tell me support isn't viable

AndersMMO

11-29-2012

Quote:
Boo:
play vayne nunu and tell me support isn't viable

I main nunu. He's viable as a support but isn't competitive as a support.

It just boils down to the fact that Bruiser AP nunu w/ Vayne will be better than Support nunu w/ Vayne EVERY TIME.

So I'll give it to you, some supports are viable but only because of isolated aspects of their kits, and they still can't be built as a support if they hope to be competitive due to the simple fact that non-support builds are superior in 3v3.

Bobinatorlol

11-29-2012

Quote:
Ânders:
I main nunu. He's viable as a support but isn't competitive as a support.

It just boils down to the fact that Bruiser AP nunu w/ Vayne will be better than Support nunu w/ Vayne EVERY TIME.

So I'll give it to you, some supports are viable but only because of isolated aspects of their kits, and they still can't be built as a support if they hope to be competitive due to the simple fact that non-support builds are superior in 3v3.

I don't think you can say that with absolute certainty though. The team that ended S2 as #1 did a reddit AMA and said they never ran with a jungler and always picked nunu or leona as a support bot. They would shove the lane and take other objectives like altars, gank, and counter jungle. This forced the enemy bot to be zoned while they were pushing. And after the creep line was pushed to the tower the enemy bot would have to choose between farming CS and exp or helping their team and lose out on a lot of farm.

AForgotten Angel

11-29-2012

I have done Okay as a Support Ali on TT, go for Reve early to help gap close and use my Roar often along with my Q and pop R as neeeded, attempt to kill runners with W

Grimwolff

11-30-2012

i play leona often and she works. I dont build her with support items though, leona damage so low to begin with.