Suggestion for Teemo Shrooms

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrFisterRoboto

11-29-2012

Hey all.

I'm one of those players who feels that the shroom spam on maps, while not particularly OP or anything, is just quite annoying. I find that just getting hit over and over again by these things just gets old after a while. And the problem as I see it, is that the only counter to them is having multiple people go oracles and clear them, which is tedious, and really draws out games.

Anyway, here's my suggestion:

Make it so single target skillshot attacks can destroy the shrooms. Things like Ezreals Q, Nidalee spear, Blitz grab, etc. NOT AA attacks, multi-target attacks, AoE attacks (pie plate), or anything else. Just single-target skillshots (IE things that can't pass through minions, or hit multiple targets).

To compensate for more ways to clear the shrooms BUFF the damage of the shrooms either AP scaling or flat damage/skill level.

I feel like this way, a player even w/o oracles could clear important areas, and with buffed damage, failure to deal with shrooms would be quite punishing. It also allows teams in draft to pick skillshot champs as a means of dealing with an AP Teemo shroom fest, short of just having someone be the oracle mushroom biotch.

I also feel like this would also entice Teemo players to be a bit more sneaky with their shroom placement, especially when the enemy is within sight. That seems more 'sneaky scout' to me, as opposed to: HA HA YOU JUST SAW ME PUT A MUSHROOM IN THAT BUSH AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT!!!!!

Anyway, just a suggestion, no need to flame! Good idea? Bad idea? Constructive posts please.

Also, here's a list of champs I can think of that have single target skill shots that I can think of. Please name more and I'll update the list:

Ezreal Q
Blitzcrank grab
Nidalee spear
Arhi charm
Caitlyn net
Brand Q
Mundo cleaver
Kennen shuriken
Rumble harpoon
Shyvana E
Urgot Q

Am I forgetting any?

CerealBoxOfDoom

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFisterRoboto View Post
Hey all.

I'm one of those players who feels that the shroom spam on maps, while not particularly OP or anything, is just quite annoying. I find that just getting hit over and over again by these things just gets old after a while. And the problem as I see it, is that the only counter to them is having multiple people go oracles and clear them, which is tedious, and really draws out games.

Anyway, here's my suggestion:

Make it so single target skillshot attacks can destroy the shrooms. Things like Ezreals Q, Nidalee spear, Blitz grab, etc. NOT AA attacks, multi-target attacks, AoE attacks (pie plate), or anything else. Just single-target skillshots (IE things that can't pass through minions, or hit multiple targets).

To compensate for more ways to clear the shrooms BUFF the damage of the shrooms either AP scaling or flat damage/skill level.

I feel like this way, a player even w/o oracles could clear important areas, and with buffed damage, failure to deal with shrooms would be quite punishing. It also allows teams in draft to pick skillshot champs as a means of dealing with an AP Teemo shroom fest, short of just having someone be the oracle mushroom biotch.

I also feel like this would also entice Teemo players to be a bit more sneaky with their shroom placement, especially when the enemy is within sight. That seems more 'sneaky scout' to me, as opposed to: HA HA YOU JUST SAW ME PUT A MUSHROOM IN THAT BUSH AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT!!!!!

Anyway, just a suggestion, no need to flame! Good idea? Bad idea? Constructive posts please.

Also, here's a list of champs I can think of that have single target skill shots that I can think of. Please name more and I'll update the list:

Ezreal Q
Blitzcrank grab
Nidalee spear
Arhi charm
Caitlyn net
Brand Q
Mundo cleaver
Kennen shuriken
Rumble harpoon
Shyvana E
Urgot Q

Am I forgetting any?
lol, ahri can charm mushrooms. I approve

NinjaGypsy Kitty

11-29-2012

Argument: Too lazy to purchase Oracles/Pink Wards and insisting on walking on multiple shrooms without any considerations - my way or the high way, I must walk my intended path therefore Noxious Traps must be nerfed.

If you hate something, does not mean you have to stomp on its face and nerf it into the ground. Teemo has enough OBVIOUS counters already, why is there a need for so many more?

I'm obligated to give a constructed post on such a dense suggestion, based purely on one's selfish desire. Most people would've learned to be careful after stepping on the first shroom...

PS: Here, eat more of this
Attachment 566357

Technician Tim

11-29-2012

i dont think your suggestion is a good way to deal with it, because then teemo shrooms could be used like a banshees veil almost to combat poke comps

i agree that it is a game issue, forces you to drag the game out clearing, and its annoying hitting shrooms over and over for 40 minutes, and riot has nerfed champs in the past for being "anti-fun", and teemo's ult is the definition of anti fun

but i think the only real way to reduce the massive utility of the shrooms is to reduce the time they stay alive for, a quarter of the match is too long, wards last 3 minutes, why does teemo get 3.33 wards in 1?

and instead of single target spells, why not just make it so all skillshots do damage, like to zyra plants, i mean when twitch, eve, shaco, akali are stealth AoE still hurts them..

MrFisterRoboto

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ēCaptain Teemo View Post
Argument: Too lazy to purchase Oracles/Pink Wards and insisting on walking on multiple shrooms without any considerations - my way or the high way, I must walk my intended path therefore Noxious Traps must be nerfed.

If you hate something, does not mean you have to stomp on its face and nerf it into the ground. Teemo has enough OBVIOUS counters already, why is there a need for so many more?

I'm obligated to give a constructed post on such a dense suggestion, based purely on one's selfish desire. Most people would've learned to be careful after stepping on the first shroom...

PS: Here, eat more of this
Attachment 566357
It's not because I'm selfish. It's because I genuinely feel that the shroom mechanic as is makes the game less fun. Combine that with the fact that Teemo is a commonly played champion, and that adds up to a lot of un-fun games. It's just my opinion, but that doesn't make it selfish. Please be less adversarial and more constructive.

Cretinok

11-29-2012

Teemo in 5s isnt that bad. You could even argue that he could use a couple buffs. But in 3s he is far too anoying and has become a permanent ban for me.

Becasue the 3s map is smaller and has no wards, 10 mushrooms gives his team complete map vision and you end up walking into one every 5-10 seconds. Anoying rat.