Why is Riot afraid of creating new unique playstyles, unique champions ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BestBilbo

12-11-2012

bump

ItemsGuy

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestBilbo View Post
Well I'm just planning on making a constructive post how Champions could be way more themed around there intial concept design will use some of your rework abilities as examples and might suggest how they could be cooler.

All I basically search for is a good discussion and most importantly a red; It would be very stupid yet satisfying to read if a red denies how not-themed Maokai actually is.

His sapling is tree-ish, but his 3 other abilities are just spells with nature particles, that's all.
Feel free to also quote me on the matter, as I've spoken in-depth about about the problem that currently plagues LoL's champion designs (two examples of which can be found here and here).

BestBilbo

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItemsGuy View Post
Feel free to also quote me on the matter, as I've spoken in-depth about about the problem that currently plagues LoL's champion designs (two examples of which can be found here and here).
Thanks mate, will check those out and might use them as examples aswell, I'll be writing it later tonight and probably posting it tomorrow, in like ~16 hours. It's 9 in the evening here :)

I'll explain in-depth how Maokai and a few others could live up to their themes more, also liked the Ezreal rework, as you say:

Nothing 'explory' about him except a minor part: The blinking around with reduced cd. But Ezreal can't really be defined as 'The Ultimate Exploxer mobility' champion.

BestBilbo

12-12-2012

bump

Malak al Maut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

Because balance is easier to obtain in the midst of homogeneity.

Calderweiss

12-12-2012

It is ok if they are similar, to some extent, as they still have unique kits. Yes, I enjoy these totally differnt people like heimer and Xerath, Tryndamere, etc. However, they aren't always going to be able to think up champions like these with totally different mechanics right on the spot. Skill shots aren't bad, as you have stated, but some of us don't get quite as bored as you, we do like the effects that come from each of them not just being a damage cast. I would love some champions with new mechanics, but that doesn't mean Riot can't make them like you suggested or that they hate/are afraid of making them. They still love the champions who do have those mechanics, and they most likely will come out with more in the future. If you can show me a red post that tells me that they don't want to make champs like this I"d love to see it, but right now I have no problem with where league is.

Xenîth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

I think a lot of it is based on their current platform and what they are and are not able to do.

I think it was Guinso? (Sorry for the spelling) was talking about trying to get arced or waved skill shots.
( See Diana )

The math behind stuff like that isn't pretty. I'll say that much...

BestBilbo

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calderweiss View Post
It is ok if they are similar, to some extent, as they still have unique kits. Yes, I enjoy these totally differnt people like heimer and Xerath, Tryndamere, etc. However, they aren't always going to be able to think up champions like these with totally different mechanics right on the spot. Skill shots aren't bad, as you have stated, but some of us don't get quite as bored as you, we do like the effects that come from each of them not just being a damage cast. I would love some champions with new mechanics, but that doesn't mean Riot can't make them like you suggested or that they hate/are afraid of making them. They still love the champions who do have those mechanics, and they most likely will come out with more in the future. If you can show me a red post that tells me that they don't want to make champs like this I"d love to see it, but right now I have no problem with where league is.
This is where this thread is all about, I'd like to have answers on the matter, as there are alot of questions.

How do they feel about my post ? How do they feel about making 'unique-playstyled' champions ?

That said, I keep giving this attention to eventually hope for a red.

Also - They could easily make champions with new mechanincs if they'd lived up more to their initial theme/concept, without making it 'hardcore' for other players.

BestBilbo

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow of Zenith View Post
I think a lot of it is based on their current platform and what they are and are not able to do.

I think it was Guinso? (Sorry for the spelling) was talking about trying to get arced or waved skill shots.
( See Diana )

The math behind stuff like that isn't pretty. I'll say that much...
I do not believe so and I might convince you in my next 2 posts. I'll be uploading two more threads concerning the matter. :)

The Cookie

12-12-2012

Bump