News flash

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Emokore

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2012

Blackfire Torch damage is reduced by magic resist. Buy some, thanks, and good night.

A Slime Appears

11-30-2012

Please share more of your sage knowledge with us. How do you counter physical damage? I always get confused when I try and figure that out.

A12MO12

11-30-2012

news flash, late game teemo shrooms with blackfire will do 1/3 or more of your health if you have less then 200 MR.

KaWraith

11-30-2012

a tank with 3000 hp and 200 MR will still lose 1/4 of his health to a teemo shroom, because it scales damage with health stacking. BfT is ridiculous even against people stacking MR.

Also some of the the first forum complaints about BfT were from high elo players with high MR tank builds, go look it up.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...=captnbuwberry

Edited to say 1/4 instead of 1/3 due to using the actual math.

otirruborez

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaWraith View Post
a tank with 3000 hp and 200 MR will still lose 1/3 of his health to a teemo shroom, because it scales damage with health stacking. BfT is ridiculous even against people stacking MR.

Also some of the the first forum complaints about BfT were from high elo players with high MR tank builds, go look it up.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...=captnbuwberry
with 70 pen teemo build that person would still negate 56% of the damage.

with 364 ap, teemo shroom does 890 to 0 mr target. 392 damage after resists. 132 extra damage from bft and you get a total of 524.

a ton of damage, but not 1/3rd. barely half that. in fact that's 2 infinity edge crits on a 200 armor target.

KaWraith

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by otirruborez View Post
with 70 pen teemo build that person would still negate 56% of the damage.

with 364 ap, teemo shroom does 890 to 0 mr target. 392 damage after resists. 132 extra damage from bft and you get a total of 524.

a ton of damage, but not 1/3rd. barely half that. in fact that's 2 infinity edge crits on a 200 armor target.
Ok, I was making an off hand statement, and you want to do the math.
Fair Enough! lets do the math!
-downloads LoL Magic dmg excel sheet....
now for the figures: you missed void staff and the passive aura+offense tree for 49% addition penetration, and I run mpen runes for 81 total flat pen not 69.
thats just under 40% negated dmg... instead of 56
so:
I get 554 dmg before BfT, After resists.
assuming 6 ticks of BfT on a 3000 hp tank, that's 300 more flat magic dmg, reduced by mr to 186.69... add that and we get 741 dmg, or about 25% of your hp so 1/4 not 1/6 as you suggested.
my bad I should have said 1/4 (I thought about it)
so, for a massive tank, in 1 ability that's 25% of your hp, and you might run over 2-3 of them on your way up top... at least you wont die like any squishy would?

also MR is more expensive, harder to itemize, and not supposed to scale exponentially (whereas auto-attacks require being in aa range, at significant threat of being cc'd)... your comparison to IE is worse apples to oranges

TL;DR its 1/4 of your health if you are a 200 MR 3000hp tank

Genericke

11-30-2012

Quote:
now for the figures: you missed void staff and the passive aura+offense tree for 49% addition penetration, and I run mpen runes for 81 total flat pen not 69.
so:
assuming 6 ticks of BfT on a 3000 hp tank, that's 300 more flat magic dmg, reduced by mr to 186.69... add that and we get 741 dmg, or about 25% of your hp so 1/4 not 1/6 as you suggested.
so, for a massive tank, in 1 ability that's 25% of your hp, and you might run over 2-3 of them on your way up top... at least you wont die like any squishy would?

also MR is more expensive, harder to itemize, and not supposed to scale exponentially (whereas auto-attacks require being in aa range, at significant threat of being cc'd)... your comparison to IE is worse apples to oranges

Even then you probably can't stack 200 MR without finding yourself lackign in other areas. It's going to be less than that.

otirruborez

11-30-2012

Quote:
so:

why would you run void staff with 70 pen build? anyone will 2 shot you with that build. the minor amount through mastery/aura is extremely small. it does not add an extra 500 damage.

my numbers are closer than yours, crazy horrid build or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genericke View Post
Even then you probably can't stack 200 MR without finding yourself lackign in other areas. It's going to be less than that.
fon, merc treads, and basic runes comes to around 182~. 1 item for mr is lacking in other areas? hell, you could stack negatron cloak for even cheaper with 202~ mr for only 2680 gold!!

FDru

11-30-2012

Teemo shrooms do zero damage "late game" because that's when everyone on the team is running around with oracles.

It's like nobody here has ever played a stealth champ before.

otirruborez

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Teemo shrooms do zero damage "late game" because that's when everyone on the team is running around with oracles.

It's like nobody here has ever played a stealth champ before.
those don't help against bush shrooms though.