[Discussion] Dominion and its Bleeding Playerbase

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orphane

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark Midnight View Post
Yea but Riot would never take down the servers just to implement a fix for the black sheep that is dominion. If this was SR, BFT would have been fixed in the first week. The item is overpowered as all hell.
No, it wouldn't have. DFG was in SR how long? It was blatantly broken for an entire tourney cycle before it got nerfed.

GET REKT FGT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
No, it wouldn't have. DFG was in SR how long? It was blatantly broken for an entire tourney cycle before it got nerfed.
It was buffed to overpoweredness before then, and even then it was really strong back in the day lol

FOODFOOD

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
I'll agree with this. Riot doesn't typically just do a "quick fix" to things that are blatantly overpowered. It's usually a bit more thought-out.

Keep the ideas coming. I really want to see more people playing. More people = lower queue times!

BeefJerkyHunter

11-29-2012

I've stopped playing as much and I'm waiting for patches.

Cauldrath

11-29-2012

If people want to have a faster patch cycle, there is a server where they patch much more frequently than here: the PBE. Every time there is a major PBE patch, on the first weekend I wait an hour or two to get through the login queue, then sit in the Dominion queue for hours, swapping back and forth between intermediate coop and blind pick. The queue almost never pops, and the few times it has, it has been random names I've never heard of who play terribly. The S3 patch is the biggest PBE patch yet and I waited for the better part of a day without a single game. The same happened for the patch when Wooglet's and BFT were added to Dominion.

If people want changes to Dominion to be reasonably tested at all, they need to take some responsibility to occasionally drop by the PBE and run things through their paces. I don't know if we just need to organize testing times or what, but the new version of BFT is sitting on the PBE now and it isn't clearly more or less powerful, not to mention all the new S3 items. If we don't test them now, then once they're patched in, we'll have to wait 2-4 more weeks before anything can be done about any major problems with them.

Westlin

11-29-2012

It made Amumu one of the more dominant AP tanks which I love.

FOODFOOD

11-30-2012

So, the consensus of the last page or so is that we, as the vocal minority, should start playing on the PBE some more.

Redenbacher

11-30-2012

I agree.

I'll try to sign up on the PBE again tomorrow if I can. I already had created an account, but apparently it doesn't exist anymore.

FOODFOOD

11-30-2012

Uh oh... hope mine still exists. I frequent the PBE forums all the time.

Phourc

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOODFOOD View Post
I wanted to address the issue of our beloved game mode, Dominion, and its "hemorrhaging" playerbase. I keep seeing people on the forums talking about how they're quitting Dominion forever, or they're "gone," or other various words to describe their potential (though probably not real) permanent hiatus of Dominion.

What do you all think of this? Do you think Dominion is actually hemorrhaging players? Have you yourself felt as though you just don't want to play anymore? What are YOUR thoughts on how to keep people in this game mode? We know Riot's opinion on Ranked Dominion - it's not ready yet. There are even some people here that agree with the decision to not yet implement it (sad as it is, I'm one of them). For the sake of conversation, let's not mention Ranked Dominion as a current option to attract or keep players.
I've been playing a lot less, and it may just be a perception thing.

Every time I play with my friends I tend to drop down a LOT in terms of percieved Elo. Usually I play a lot on my own and work my way back up there, but maybe I've just been having bad matchups, maybe I, personally, have been having bad games, whatever. All I know is it's been way too painful to work my way up to the point in the game where my teammates can actually play, and since the launch of BFT it's felt like even at my current play level all of my enemies know the 70 pen build (though, naturally, my allies don't understand magic resist xP).

Really, the only solution to that would be two seperate queue ratings, a la ranked, and as that's officially a non-option, well - I'll just be waiting for next week's patch so I can troll around with the new items.

Also, Teemo is an utterly vile champion that pretty much perfectly encapsulates Riot's concept of 'anti-fun', and I honestly don't understand why they haven't reworked him.

1234567 ... 8