Poppy's charge

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Punchinello

10-31-2012

Poppy is one of my favorite champions, even though she's not even viable in classic anymore. I used to love playing Poppy but since she's been the target of so many nerfs over time, it's becoming increasingly more difficult to even enjoy playing her. Nerfs to everything from her ap ratios, to cooldowns, to her passive, etc. I've bit my tongue up until now but I've had enough.

Her charge skill is already highly situational, I've learned to deal with that, but making her charge STOPPABLE is just plain out of line. Nothing makes me angrier than getting knocked back (looking at your stupid hammer Jayce), or up, or snared, stunned, etc, while I'm in the middle of my charge.

I understand that balancing Poppy has to be really tricky. Make her viable in classic and chances are you're making her too strong in TT and Dom; I get it. This is still one area I feel that needs to fixed. If Poppy can't close a gap, she's nothing. Her move speed alone only gets her so far when there are infinite ways of getting around it. She's a one trick pony and you're taking even that away from her with every champ you allow to stop her charge.

She's bottom tier; she does NOTHING great right now. Fix it. Please.

Hawkhell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

Only way I have been able to do well on poppy is kill lane bot. She lacks too much to fight top lane and her horrible passive makes farming retarded. I played Poppy a lot from lv20-30 but once I got higher up in lv30 I started getting countered 90% of the time.

I would love to see her made viable.

Jedi Lucas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-31-2012

To be fair, Poppy is Overpowered with Cleanse/Heal. If her charge didn't get interrupted its GG since she can ult the support and just two hit the ADC...

All champions suck if they don't get farm/fed compared to farmed/fed champions...

Essentially, she's good as she is given that if she were stronger, she would be too strong. Furthermore, she's basically OP with that passive and natural tankyness...

Braize

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkhell View Post
Only way I have been able to do well on poppy is kill lane bot. She lacks too much to fight top lane and her horrible passive makes farming retarded. I played Poppy a lot from lv20-30 but once I got higher up in lv30 I started getting countered 90% of the time.

I would love to see her made viable.
Poppy has a horribad passive? This is the first I have heard of such things.

Oh wait wait wait, you said "horrible passive makes FARMING retarded." Ah I gotcha, I totally forgot that the sole purpose of passive abilities were for farming. Please continue :/

Punchinello

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Lucas View Post
To be fair, Poppy is Overpowered with Cleanse/Heal. If her charge didn't get interrupted its GG since she can ult the support and just two hit the ADC...

All champions suck if they don't get farm/fed compared to farmed/fed champions...

Essentially, she's good as she is given that if she were stronger, she would be too strong. Furthermore, she's basically OP with that passive and natural tankyness...
Overpowered? Not even. Even with her ult up she can still be stopped, just not damaged by any other than her target. This really isn't about farmed/fed vs not so that's really not a valid point here, either. Unfortunately, her "tankiness" has been nerfed to the ground. It's not nearly as good as it used to be. Is it horrible? No, but it's borderline lackluster since it doesn't make much difference when you're getting focused down. Smart players see Poppy coming, wait for her to blow her ult and just CC or knock her away so that a huge portion of her ult's uptime is wasted. Once her ult is gone, if you haven't managed to close distance on your target, you're dead.

As previously stated, these things really don't mean much when she can't even close distance. I stick to my guns here, her charge is a dead weight skill in its current form. It does crappy damage unless you knock your opponent into a wall, which really isn't always possible. I would be able to live with that if the charge actually hit when you use it. I count no less than 34 champions that all have an ability that will stop Poppy's charge in mid use. It's beyond just being annoying. How great would it be if you could stop Malphite's charge in mid use? Malph would be a bottom teir, dead weight champion. I rest my case.

RockJockey

10-31-2012

Soviet Swain Approves Poppy Buffs.
-Rockjockey

Kahr

11-12-2012

i main poppy and i dunno why u all complain .. she really needs a mana buff atleast by 100 at lvl 1 i have no probs only against certain champs like some teemos give probs darius unless u can 1 up him
u should look more at ur runes and masterys... i play her in all lanes as all roles mid she can destroy zigs kat karthus eve and tf
top irela and olaf can b difficult but u stack health i usually go boots 3 pots first trip back get dorans blade and harrass
if ur paired with taric or alistar its gg i went 25/4 as adc with a taric support
these are all ranked games ive climbed from 800 to 1130 right now i think with 310 ranked games as poppy

Torphant

11-29-2012

i play poppy now for along time poppy lacking in alot of way her Q awesome but she mana hungry the charge attack great to bad most time there no walls to slam ppl into for the stun affect to take place her w sure running faster great but the little buff it give doesnt make it worth the mana half the time. now before u go and bash what im saying poppy cant go 1 on 1 with any melee champ Darius does so much dmg and forget about 1 on 1 with him once he 6 poppy cant take him he only need to w and q for fat dmg and then once u have the 4 bleeds he put he ults poppy done again most champ would be also but let's look at riven poppy q is great and hurt but riven q hurt more and with her passive poppy done most player know not to be by walls so poppy slam/stun doesnt work half the time. just saying she need a change she need to scale AD first more mana and make her w another attack so she can farm better. if u think poppy still doesnt need to be change play a rank game with her and see how much **** ur going to get for playing her. she is stopped to easy now. so if they can change kat who was op before the revamp and is still op then they can change poppy.

p.s. Sarab
i dont think u played poppy enough these past few months otherwise u would feel the same

JustMyBassCannon

11-29-2012

Pick a supporting carry, duo with Poppy in the lane. Feed Poppy, proceed to absolutely wreck everything.

It's true that Poppy's early game is painful, but bear with it till she gets one or two items...