A Car

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Guinsoo

Game Designer

10-09-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Hey all!

I am shopping for a new car right now. Wondering if any of you guys had any advice.

I'm hoping to get a fairly cheap car as I want to come as close to buying it with cash as possible (need to save money - hoping to start going back to college soon). I am currently looking at cars like the Civic, Accent, Aveo, stuff like that. I'm not sure if I should be buying new or used, or if there are any particularly nice entry level cars that I should look at. I probably won't be keeping it for more than 2 or 3 years so I'm a bit less worried about stuff like the warranty.

Thanks for any help!
Guinsoo

Meta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2010

I'm in the same predicament actually. Got about $2,000 saved up so far.

BlackSura

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2010

I would recommend a Volkswagen Golf, Ford Focus/Fiesta or Vauxhall/Opel Astra or Corsa. These are all very nice reasonably cheap cars. Actually is Volkswagen in the USA? I don't know because I live in the UK, if it doesn't, ignore it.

AttackBacon

10-09-2010

Volkswagen is, Vauxhall/Opel isn't actually.

@Guinsoo, If you want something eminently practical I'd have to recommend a Honda Matrix. My good friend is in what I'd imagine is a similar position to yours (young professional, wants to buy with as close to cash as possible, in Cali). He got a Matrix recently and is very happy with it, good mileage and roomy for a small car that is easy to drive in the city (he's in SF).

If you want something a little more sporty I would have to recommend a Nissan Altima coupe. It's going to run you a bit more $, but it's a great car. Looks good, runs good.

Byronik

10-09-2010

please consider the FORD Fiesta, as a finance manager for FORD i really see this car doing well, their standard factory warranty is 3 yrs 36,000 miles bumper to bumper.. they come with SYNC which is the best on the market right now, fully loaded with leather, moon and tune package is about 21k.. and they can get as cheap as 14k..

if you live in United States support the only domestic company that didnt touch the bailout..

FORD deserves a look.

PS... Lake Powell FORD will deliver to you..

Jimsvaliant

10-09-2010

Splurge on yourself and get a mini-cooper. You'll be rollin in style.
They're actually pretty cheap now. :3

A Business Man

10-09-2010

New cars are a luxury. For most people, used is always the best choice.

EIometer

10-09-2010

Car? Pfft. Get a table!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtGp8Sha_mA

lukkas

10-09-2010

My advice? Wait for one year. LoL is doing very well and you'll be rich by then if not sooner.

Fragglerock

10-09-2010

I personally will never buy used from a dealer. Just a ripoff. You get the package someone else wanted, their problems, no guarantees, and a huge mark-up. Not to mention personal sellers are usually more honest, in my experience.

If you know what you want to get, find forums for that car. People in the community are more apt to give you a better deal and be honest about what you're getting.