Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

1-2 Tiamat-Power Fist Blitzcrank--an experiment

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoransTroll

10-09-2010

tldr;
Tiamat + powerfist + 5x mp5/lvl seal (or whatever the yellow one is) = very fast and sustainable farming.
End game style = tank/pusher with medium damage.

---------------------
Before you start calling me n00b, hear me out a bit.

Many people will tell you that Blitz is not a good farmer. In fact, his only real early game limiting factor is the fact that he flat out cannot farm. He usually get some nice early kills with Rocket Grab, but that also depends quite largely on your teammate. Also, it's a very mana intensive play style and leave very little room for mistakes. But even more importantly--it won't work against people who knows not to run into his range. Maybe it's just me, but that seems to be the reason that he doesn't have much presence in "high tier" play.

But since his Power Fist now resets his attack timer, Blitz can now triple his damage in a very short span of time--i.e. auto attack, follow by Power Fist right away. (The kicker is that he does this 1-2 punch animation, which looks really cool. It looks even more cool if you crit his normal attack).
By starting the game with Power Fist and utilizing 1-2 combo, you can farm very well (You can deal upward to 200 dmg on minions!). In fact, I notice that using "mostly" (not all..I have about 5 or 6 of) mp5/lvl, and Fairy Charm, he actually regens 14mana/5 at lvl1. Considering that Power Fist costs 25 mana and 9 sec CD, he can't even run out of mana spamming it every CD! This trend keeps up for the subsequent levels, meaning you can never run out of mana spamming Power Fist.
So what item has a name starting with T and uses a Fairy Charm? TIAMAT!
The goal here is that if you rush Tiamat during laning phase, you still get a good bit of damage (which gets doubled when you're using the ultra punch). I notice that it is possible to wipe out the caster minion groups in 2 seconds by the time you hit level 6 or 7 (1 combo will result in 1 caster minion kill, with a smidgen of HP left on the other 2. 1 more hit and splash will kill them).

To round out this build, I level his Overdrive ability to keep him punching while Powerfist is on CD. Note that after about lvl 3, Overdrive will cause his animation to go fast enough that your Powerfist will no longer speed up his next punch. So don't Power Fist while Overdriv-ing.err..that sounds weird.

Anyway, I will be experimenting more with this build over the next..month..or so (hey, I only have enough time to play once or twice a week). I think I'm seeing some really strong potential, and I'll be reporting on my findings intermittently.

RoflTroll

10-09-2010

L2LastHit

Problem solved.

Tiamat is not an early farming tool, it's a pushing tool. People who want to farm will just last hit instead of doing mindless AEs and losing some minion kills.

And Blitz is far from being the worst off in farming problem, he at least have his ult on a fairly shot cooldown and does massive AE damage. Get some AP and it'll easily clean the range minions.
If you think Blitz have it hard, try Poppy(whose Q costs 55 mana and no AE ability) or Eve(arguably the squishiest champ, all melee abilities)

DoransTroll

10-09-2010

I wouldn't mind seeing some critique on the build. But "L2LastHit" never fails to send me into a fit of rage.
I main Alistar. I don't have any problem last hitting, unless my lane mate is totally unwillingly to help harass whatsoever, and we're up against 2 ranged champs. And even then I only get pushed out of lane because I'm spending all my mana rescuing the jerk from getting killed. And if you have a problem farming with Eve..did they change her Q or something? Because how could you have any problem last hitting with a pretty decent damage, low CD, AoE skill?

I bring up Blitz because 1) his left-right combo just looks really cool. 2) it lets him push incredibly fast while being extremely sustainable, and can fit into both DPS and tank build. 3) His current grab-focus play style feels lacking (from his representation, not in terms of power).

I'm more interested in discussing the effectiveness of Tiamat on Blitz. If you read carefully, you'd see that it's much more about pushing than farming--the farming comes almost entirely from using Power Fist, not Tiamat. I also think that for 2000G, it actually provides a very good burst throughout the game. In a sense, I'm searching for that golden bullet to solve tank's lack of damage toward the later part of the game.

RoflTroll

10-09-2010

Quote:
DoransTroll:
I wouldn't mind seeing some critique on the build. But "L2LastHit" never fails to send me into a fit of rage.
I main Alistar. I don't have any problem last hitting, unless my lane mate is totally unwillingly to help harass whatsoever, and we're up against 2 ranged champs. And even then I only get pushed out of lane because I'm spending all my mana rescuing the jerk from getting killed. And if you have a problem farming with Eve..did they change her Q or something? Because how could you have any problem last hitting with a pretty decent damage, low CD, AoE skill?

I bring up Blitz because 1) his left-right combo just looks really cool. 2) it lets him push incredibly fast while being extremely sustainable, and can fit into both DPS and tank build. 3) His current grab-focus play style feels lacking (from his representation, not in terms of power).

I'm more interested in discussing the effectiveness of Tiamat on Blitz. If you read carefully, you'd see that it's much more about pushing than farming--the farming comes almost entirely from using Power Fist, not Tiamat. I also think that for 2000G, it actually provides a very good burst throughout the game. In a sense, I'm searching for that golden bullet to solve tank's lack of damage toward the later part of the game.

To answer your replies:
-Eve - If the enemy doesn't harass the **** out of you when you try to last hit, especially with your low HP, they're doing it wrong. Hate Spike is far from being an 'AE' skill because of its small range and low damage per hit. ( and jungling is different from farming in lane, so I wouldn't include them in the single term)

Blitz
1) I can say his ult also looks really cool too, and it also have bigger AE, and with enough CDR(Glacial Shroud provides both mana, armor and CDR) it's going to be up for just about every spawns (this also push Power Fist to about 3s cooldown at max level).
-Those CDR items can also help you tank better(Glacial Shroud, Omen) or do more damage (Youmu, DFG, which ever path you go for) too.
2) Ult can instantly destroy minion waves too, and as I said above, with enough CDR it'll be up to use for every wave.
3) His grab is powerful, but it's not the only thing he has for him, with what I build for him the 3s Power Fist can make for some chaos in the enemy's team.

For that 2000g, you could just get BFSword, which provides more damage AND can be built into more useful damage item like IE, Black Cleaver. Mana regen can be ignored with runes and HP regen can come from other sources (frankly, 15 regen is very small when you have no defense power from going Tiamat)

If you want a bigger burst, there's always room for Sheen too.

And as for tank's damage late game, there's Sunfire cape (there's a fine reason why people's been saying it need a nerf) or just building a real damage item like IE.

Nikunikudonburi

10-11-2010

Actually, Innervating Locket works well for him. Basically a free Power Fist every time. Combine that with Sheen and you should have no problem 1 or 2-hitting creeps.