Why can't we have champions with a 'permanent' pet or twin, @Riot ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tommyd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sessamo View Post
I don't get the obsession with pet champions. It's super mindless when attached to a dps class.
Ori is a more interesting take on the idea, imo.

Meepo would beg to differ.

BestBilbo

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyd View Post
Meepo would beg to differ.

BestBilbo

12-09-2012

Quote:
I don't get the obsession with pet champions. It's super mindless when attached to a dps class.
Ori is a more interesting take on the idea, imo.
Orianna is cool and I would have to agree concering MMORPG's, but in a extremely aggressive PVP game like MOBA's, League of Legends, DotA, HoN, pets could be extremely cool.

Sessamo

12-09-2012

I guess to be more fair I do think characters with pets are fun, I just don't think they're terribly innovative when they're up all the time. Either you're dps and the pet is a tank, or the pet is your dps and you just run around controlling it.
I think Annie is the correct version of a pet character for a moba, but her spells should interact with him. Either you have a fireball for direct damage, or you can shoot the fireball at Tibbers and he shoots fire all around him.

BestBilbo

12-10-2012

Quote:
I guess to be more fair I do think characters with pets are fun, I just don't think they're terribly innovative when they're up all the time. Either you're dps and the pet is a tank, or the pet is your dps and you just run around controlling it.
I think Annie is the correct version of a pet character for a moba, but her spells should interact with him. Either you have a fireball for direct damage, or you can shoot the fireball at Tibbers and he shoots fire all around him.
This is exactly what I aim for. I do not wish a character as DPS with a pet as tank or the other way around. The strength of the character should be increased if her pet is alive and in range and have some cool interactions with the champion's abilities.

Like this, a character with a pet with just ALT-Commands is perfectly able to produce, encourages micro-managing your pet (As you would want to have him close as soon as you go in combat against enemy champions) and are encouraged to keep the beast alive.

BestBilbo

12-10-2012

bump

BestBilbo

12-10-2012

bump

Mehillus

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestBilbo View Post
[snip]
Balance wise ? Enough mechanincs to prevent such toxic towerdiving such as: Your pet takes double damage from towers.

Sure you can still dive, but what if your abilities as champ are doubled in strength when your pet is alive, you risk being weaker when you send in that pet to towerdive.
[snip]
Possibly have the Pet count as a Minion vs Tower aggro as Tibbers does? (afaik on Tibbers/ghost/yorick clone etc. etc.

BestBilbo

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3hillus View Post
Possibly have the Pet count as a Minion vs Tower aggro as Tibbers does? (afaik on Tibbers/ghost/yorick clone etc. etc.
Tons of options my friend !

Let's hope Quinn with her bird Valor as a pet does this :)

xFaII

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestBilbo View Post
Tons of options my friend !

Let's hope Quinn with her bird Valor as a pet does this
I saw a sneak peek of her abilities and according to it Valor does work independently of Quinn