Why can't we have champions with a 'permanent' pet or twin, @Riot ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shoopman

11-29-2012

Having a Palom/Porom / Ice Climbers / Plusle/Minun type champion where the partner was individually controllable would be incredibly difficult to use with any degree of success. If a "partners" champion was made, it would either have to be like Lulu/Pix where skillshots are double and have two lines of fire, or it would have to have a switching mechanic where you can switch between the two and they both have individual health bars.

The One Soraka

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestBilbo View Post
I love the idea of having and controling a pet wich is huge importance to the champion.
Probably because you're a sissy who's never played a tank, and having a powerful unit with you which you could sling around and get to obey your every command must be appealing to you somewhere.

Here's a hint, pet classes were made to solo in MMO games. The local equivilant would be playing with bots, so... get to it, champ!

BestBilbo

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Soraka View Post
Probably because you're a sissy who's never played a tank, and having a powerful unit with you which you could sling around and get to obey your every command must be appealing to you somewhere.

Here's a hint, pet classes were made to solo in MMO games. The local equivilant would be playing with bots, so... get to it, champ!
Then please, tell me, why does DOTA have very good succes with champions with Pets/controllable units.

Don't get me wrong, I think Hunter/Archer/Ranger classes in MMO's with a pet are quite lame aswell and I HAVE played all types of classes back in the days I played WoW extensively.

However, a pet in a MOBA game should just work way different and comes more down to individual skill and mastering the champion rather than 'just sending your pet in' and being able to solo anything.

Jaynon

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoopman View Post
Having a Palom/Porom / Ice Climbers / Plusle/Minun type champion where the partner was individually controllable would be incredibly difficult to use with any degree of success. If a "partners" champion was made, it would either have to be like Lulu/Pix where skillshots are double and have two lines of fire, or it would have to have a switching mechanic where you can switch between the two and they both have individual health bars.
It would not be that hard at all really. Thats y u have it set to target champs target. Yes you cld right click to double farm minions but like you said it would be more difficult. If champ turns away from minions pet shld immediatley return to champs side not that hard a concept. with a hotkey set to make it turn back immediatley.
If champs attacks are reliant on the pet then having W E R for pet abilities is not that big of a deal.

BestBilbo

11-29-2012

I think people are just afraid of the idea, that mechanic. While it could be hard to learn, once 'mastered' it would feel very natural, I think.

Much like Orianna, if you are totally not familiar with her you will have no clue what you are doing, atleast I experienced that. The more games I played with her the more I began to understand how she works, she now feels like any other champion, just with some unique and cool mechanincs.

Shoopman

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenriSulfarian View Post
It would not be that hard at all really. Thats y u have it set to target champs target. Yes you cld right click to double farm minions but like you said it would be more difficult. If champ turns away from minions pet shld immediatley return to champs side not that hard a concept. with a hotkey set to make it turn back immediatley.
If champs attacks are reliant on the pet then having W E R for pet abilities is not that big of a deal.
Ok but trying to position two individual characters in a teamfight when you care about both of them will be a nightmare, regardless of if they each have unique QWER abilities. Generally you don't care if tibbers or your Morde/Yorick ghost dies because it will not reduce your head count below 5. If half of your champion dies though, it suddenly does have an impact, and since half of your spells/power/whatever will be gone when that happens, the other half will probably die soon as well.

tempnameA461

11-29-2012

Plusle + Minun.
Purposely the most difficult champion(s) in the game.
Makes Draven look like Sona.

Jaynon

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoopman View Post
Ok but trying to position two individual characters in a teamfight when you care about both of them will be a nightmare, regardless of if they each have unique QWER abilities. Generally you don't care if tibbers or your Morde/Yorick ghost dies because it will not reduce your head count below 5. If half of your champion dies though, it suddenly does have an impact, and since half of your spells/power/whatever will be gone when that happens, the other half will probably die soon as well.
Isnt that the whole concept tho. You dont want them to be over powered to the point that the champion can do it all without the pet. Dbl positioning isnt that hard, yet again thats why its set to target same thing as champ unless you change target yourself or call it back. This makes it so you can right click a champ stop at your auto range while pet runs in to do damage.
I do agree that giving them seperate QWER abs would be a horrendous mistake, but thats why champ is pet reliant. If her skills are weaker without pet and vice versa then they should focus off same set of skills. Passive would just be when attacking same target damge from attacks are increased. This almost gaurantees your not goin to send pet for tank when your attacking the adc. The auto target champ target feature makes switching targets easier. If pet gets nuked then champ is easy kill which is how it should be to keep balance. Make the recall button like ahes q, if its set so that when you attack it attacks or it stays beside you for when your running.
I do agree the retreat from bad team fight and dodging certain skills wld be more difficutl. But can you really say its gonna be any harder than if you were in teh middle of the fight? Would also be annoying for blitz pull on pet i guess but these r all things that can be worked around with skills from pet owner and a mindful eye.

xXDawnBladeXx

11-29-2012

Lulu has a pet dragon, just saying.

Jaynon

11-29-2012

swain has pet crow