A day in the Ruins of Icathia(Open RP)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DespirThoth

12-19-2012

"Then we are very similar indeed." The massive beast shrunk down, soon becoming a small child. It had black hair, a black dress with white lining, black studs adorning the lining. A small, silver bat as a buckle to a black cat backpack. A white cat headband covered her hair. The little girl, who looked remarkably like Annie(goth annie skin), was slowly held up higher and higher by thousands of black, oily fibers and hairs that took the place of her legs.Up and up she rose, until she came to eye level with Malzahar. "I have seen, and personally taken part of breaking the destiny of this world, the Void, and above all, myself, before. Eons before you even existed. I have seen so much come to pass, that I have seen reality repeat itself many times. I have waited for the reality most similar to my own, and yes, that implies that fate is not some static thing."

She smiles, razor sharp fangs still lining the otherwise human mouth. "The fate of one world is to, usually, be a Civil debate. This world will rise up and ascend to our plane of existence in due time. The "corruption" or really, the salvation, of worlds that we bring should only be for world that cannot ascend to our level themselves. Valoran, many other worlds, have the potential for this. In my eyes, they deserve the chance to rise on their own terms, the Void is the destiny of all things, but it is far more..." She smiles. "Tempting to have a thing for yourself, instead of it being given to you. That is my corruption... My salvation. The salvation I offer. I am not the queen of Corruption alone, but I am the truth of all things, the pinnacle of all progress and the visage of salvation. I am Despir'Thoth, and you would be wise to kneel in subjugation and respect."

Void energy ripples off her like the ripples in a lake when a stone is thrown in, yet those flowing from her never seemed to cease. As if she was the ocean, and the entirety of creation around her the shore.

"If you wish to debate with our fists and magics, however, you should keep the Voidlings and Void spawn out of this. Remember, Civil~" She teased, but was serious. It was obvious this creature would be incredibly... annoyed if her children were made to fight against her, and in a fight between adults. Still, Civil debate didn't seem to mean the same in the Void.

(Pic reference of how she's standing, sans the upper half, which should just be goth Annie)

Ask Demon Jester

12-21-2012

Shaco crossed the sands, no visible supplies carried with him, his mouth always twisted into the grotesque grin and his eyes glowing with an unnatural blue glow. How he survived the trip was anyones guess. He quietly whispers to himself, occasionally letting out a bark of laughter as he made some sort of horrible joke to entertain himself. Any wind, rain or cold that may have occured during his trip hadn't seemed to effect him in the slightest. His only reasoning about the trip with to find some sort fo amusement. How he knew the location of Icathia was anyones guess and yet he was able to find it with ease.

((It's open RP so I thought it might be interesting to have Shaco interact with something of the void :# ))

Ask Mälzahar

12-23-2012

((Oh the Christmas period. Sorry for the slow reply but you know festivities and all, anyway lets continue.))

"Words are far more powerful than any mere spell or weapon, this 'debate' does not need to be settled with a show of strength, especially when we know that neither of us will fall this day. Instead we shall just speak, like we do to the mortals of this world. You bring the knowledge of the past and bring to the present to predict the future, we on the other hand have seen the future, we have seen this world resist us at every turning and though there will be those who will willing ascend to our level, they alone will not save this world."

Pointing at the void lord the prophet smiled (though it would be hard to see under his scarf).

"Do not think your age makes you powerful DespirThoth you and the other void lord that inhabits this city are moving against fate, its unstoppable force will crush you as the future moves to the present, and when it does a part of you will realise that your path was a futile one. So we say to you, raise your army in isolation and spread your 'corruption' to this land. We do not need to remind you the power the void holds, when the time is ready it will sweep over these lands, regardless if you feel this world will do so on its own."

With that the prophet folds his arms, contempt with what he had said.

AskUdyr

12-24-2012

The desert winds whipped about a familiar figure. Udyr trudged through the dunes slowly but surely, his stride even with every step. The beast man eventually found Icathia.

He raised his hands up, cracked his knuckles, cricked his neck, and walked forward. Maybe a challenge would await him here.

mn

12-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskUdyr View Post
The desert winds whipped about a familiar figure. Udyr trudged through the dunes slowly but surely, his stride even with every step. The beast man eventually found Icathia.

He raised his hands up, cracked his knuckles, cricked his neck, and walked forward. Maybe a challenge would await him here.
Drem yol lok, Sivaas jul.

The ruler of the terrifying land Udyr found himself in revealed itself, a massive creature with wings of jet, and eyes of deep crimson.

have you been bad or good this Yuletide, beastman?

The eldrich abomination attempted a smile, resulting in an expression that could only be described as "scarring".

I'm sure a busy young mortal such as yourself couldn't possibly be here just to see an old wyrm like myself...

What brings you to the Incomprehensible city?

AskUdyr

12-25-2012

"Hunting," Udyr grunted. "We were told we could find strong beasts to hunt."

The beast man cricked his neck as he stated in a remorseless tone, "We will kill them."

Script Lord

12-25-2012

The lone figure in black had come a long way, but at last he had reached it. Icathia, the city that had been lost to time. A place that few could reach, and those that had spoke very little of it at all. As he arrived, however, the Stranger in Black knew immediately why. The Void. The presence of those hailing from the Void was made all too known as he drew closer and closer. In fact, he didn't see a single human about.

His face was like a mask, cloaked partially in shadow, though a grin was ever present. His skin was pale, an unnatural shade of gray that set him apart from most other people. It was apparent even now, as he drew ever closer to the nests. In fact, he wasn't even visible! That's right. It was as though he weren't even here, like a phantom that lingered between two points of reality. Was it a spectral power he possessed, one he had obtained from the machinations of the Court of the Ruined King?

This one was certainly an enigma. His very presence brought on far more questions than could be answered. Even his intentions as he brought himself dangerously close to the denizens of the Void were a mystery, the answer to which was known only to him.

He finally came to a stop as he came upon a rather interesting looking one, this one seemed to be speaking to a man floating in the air - he recognized Annie, or at least a variation of her, and Malzahar, the latter of which he wasn't surprised to find here. It was now that he seemingly melted back into reality, to make his presence known to them.

"Well, well, well. What an intriguing sight we have here!"

{{ Hope you guys don't mind, but I just wanted to develop Jaques a bit more, and having him interact with humans isn't really working out. }}

DespirThoth

12-27-2012

The debate over free will or destiny had to cease for a moment, it seemed.

"Such a strange little thing you are. Not quite mortal, I am guessing?" "Annie" walked towards Jaques, slowly turning back to her true form.(desc. on front page) Despir'Thoth stood tall, at least 10 feet tall, a mighty Void Lord whose very presence seemed to strain and poke at the bonds of reality. "What brings you to our humble abode, bravery?" She lumbers about him rather quickly for something that appeared so heavy, almost floaty as she moved around him from front to back, shoulder to shoulder. "Foolishness? Pride? Or maybe..." She grins, now in front of him again, kneeling on her haunches, her massive belly pushing him back as she comes down to eye level. "Or greed?" She chuckled, a throaty growl joined in there somewhere.

Ask Mälzahar

12-28-2012

Malzahar simply stared at the strange man that had appeared. He was obviously annoyed to be interrupted like this, even if the prophet had very little to say to DespirThoth. As she began to spoke he listened to their conversation, taking every word so to glimpse any lies that she may be spreading.

Script Lord

12-28-2012

The black clad Stranger's grin did not falter as he was addressed by what could only be described as a hideous monstrosity, Despir'Thoth seeing fit to resume her true form and circle him with a highly amused demeanor. It was truly a a feat for one not of the Void, or even tied to it, to remain so calm and carefree even as one of its most powerful and oldest decided to address him in so condescending a manner.

And lo, it came to a question of motives. And it was the same thing all over again. Jaques, for his part, simply decided to chuckle with equal amusement at the Avatar of Corruption's attempt to dissect his very being.
"You probably don't want to pry too much into what makes me tick, my dear. It may not be a pretty sight for you." After saying this he seemed to disappear without a trace, as though he were never there to begin with. The assumption that he'd simply decided to leave them be would not have been uncalled for, though his reappearance shortly thereafter would prove otherwise.

Jaques was now sitting upon Despir'Thoth's head, one leg crossed over the other, as he grinned rather wickedly.
"If you must have a justification for my gracing you extradimensional horrors with my presence, you may take solace in believing that I intend only to observe my potential prey." Another disappearance, this time only lived for a single second, before he reappeared with his back turned to the Void Lord. His eyes were locked on a nest in the distance. "How intriguing. To think that creatures like yourselves could reproduce in such a manner. The joy and glory of life is radiating so strongly from you all. It sickens me."

His demeanor seemed to have snapped to utter disgust and resentment. "I detest the very state of living. It's a complete waste! Do you think you are truly immortal, Void Lord? That you are beyond the power of demise? How absurd! You may have lived far longer than your disgusting vermin you call your brethren, but that's all it means. You've simply lived longer. There is nothing in this world, or the next, or any other out there, that can truly escape Death's cold embrace. As all things live, so too shall they die!" At that moment he whirled around to face Malzahar, his grin doing nothing to obscure the malice and conviction in his next words. "You've seen it, haven't you Prophet? The end of the world! The demise of every creature in this world upon the arrival of the Void! Yet even you, he who has seen Fate's Will, fail to realize the truth! Which is that everything that ever lives, will inevitably die! So what say you, Prophet? Can you see your own demise, just as you can see the demise of this world? In fact, can't you even see the demise of the Void you so desperately serve?"