Match Making Role Selection

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FeralSpirit

08-20-2013

I think it would be a great idea and it would get rid of a lot of trolls and leavers if we could choose what role we want to play before we queue up. Say if i wanted to ADC or jungle then i could choose those two roles on a check list before i queue up for ranked and then match me up with other players in order to fill the needs of a group. This would especially be helpful to people who don't own a lot of champs or ruins and can literally only do 1 or 2 roles well. So please take into consideration using a system like this, give us the choice to play ADC, support, top, mid, or jungle before we have to argue with our teams about it in champion select.

What do you guys think about this idea? See any problems with this?

Crazier Casta

08-20-2013

Try searching first. That's already been suggested here: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3771268 and I'm sure in other posts as well.

patpvp1

09-02-2013

riot does not enforce meta. meta is role selection. riot doesn't want to make people robots.

Alexstrazsa

09-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by patpvp1 View Post
riot does not enforce meta. meta is role selection. riot doesn't want to make people robots.
Riot might not enforce the meta, but there will always be one that the vast majority of the playerbase will adhere to. Right now, there is Top, Mid, Jungle, Carry, and Support. It's been like that since the season started, and maybe even before that. It doesn't look like it's going to change anytime soon, but even if it did, why couldn't Riot just... change the possible roles? If they had this system implemented right now and Season 4 brings us carry top, carry bottom, support top, support bottom and mid, they could just switch it to that. Easy peasy.

If the only thing stopping this system from functioning is the meta, that can easily be adapted to. It's not a hard bridge to cross.

Pissfer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-03-2013

Honestly, we could have "Top, Middle, Bottom, Jungle, Support". Because guess what, those are pretty much ALWAYS going to be roles. Unless Riot makes the jungle less rewarding early and forces the jungles into lanes/roaming early on. Also, either bottom or middle will always be the "better" lanes to start off with your support in them because they're closest to the dragon.

Anyways, basically what I'm trying to say: There's 4 streams of gold (top, mid, bot and jungle), and it's almost always better to have one person collect all of the stream rather than split it between two people, which means you will always have someone who is low-no CS (support). Unless Riot DRASTICALLY changes the game, you're not going to lose that setup, regardless of if "Carry" becomes "Duo Laner with CS" or not.

Heck, to that effect, you could have the queue have: Solo laner x2, Duo laner with CS, Duo laner without CS, Jungle. The only problem with that is when you get two people who want middle or top specifically.