Orianna's kit is overly perfect

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tha Dynamite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-28-2012

And yes, she is OP.
Btw, before you go "looks like someone got owned by Orianna", know that I play her. I main mid and she is stronger than any other mid in the game.

What her kit provides:

-long range, low cost, low cooldown harass
-relatively low cooldown, transferable shield
-long range AoE, non-reducible hard CC
-stronger auto-attacks from building AP
-slowing/speedup field
-long range scouting

What her kit does not provide:

-a jump or flash built in, though she can compensate with Flash
-sustain in terms of health gain, though you can build spell vamp.

She has most things and can have literally everything.
She has no counters and if you can land your Q's, she has no drawbacks.

Want to argue? Name something that isn't character-specific that she does not have.

That's all I'm saying. I don't really care if they nerf her. If they don't, I'll just play her.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beija

Senior Member

11-29-2012

What is your point?

Or are you just stating the facts of a viable champ now?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboRal View Post
And yes, she is OP.
Btw, before you go "looks like someone got owned by Orianna", know that I play her. I main mid and she is stronger than any other mid in the game.

What her kit provides:

-long range, low cost, low cooldown harass
-relatively low cooldown, transferable shield
-long range AoE, non-reducible hard CC
-stronger auto-attacks from building AP
-slowing/speedup field
-long range scouting

What her kit does not provide:

-a jump or flash built in, though she can compensate with Flash
-sustain in terms of health gain, though you can build spell vamp.

She has most things and can have literally everything.
She has no counters and if you can land your Q's, she has no drawbacks.

Want to argue? Name something that isn't character-specific that she does not have.

That's all I'm saying. I don't really care if they nerf her. If they don't, I'll just play her.
Ahri, she's not OP... She's just really pro
Btw, before you go "looks like someone's in the ahri fan cult", know that I play her. I main mid and she is better and more important than any other mid in the game.

But seriously, Orianna is a champ that takes advantage of positional play and the average scrub can't even describe the significance of a position at any given point in the game in a calm state let alone with tons of adreneline pumping.

You'll probably have a rough start in season 3 as assassins and assassinesque tactics and abilities get buffed. Because assassins tend to change positions fast with little warning. Ahri can do this and she has sustain to counter your Q's even if they rarely miss. Hope you've got good aim


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tha Dynamite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
Ahri, she's not OP... She's just really pro
Btw, before you go "looks like someone's in the ahri fan cult", know that I play her. I main mid and she is better and more important than any other mid in the game.

But seriously, Orianna is a champ that takes advantage of positional play and the average scrub can't even describe the significance of a position at any given point in the game in a calm state let alone with tons of adreneline pumping.

You'll probably have a rough start in season 3 as assassins and assassinesque tactics and abilities get buffed. Because assassins tend to change positions fast with little warning. Ahri can do this and she has sustain to counter your Q's even if they rarely miss. Hope you've got good aim
Uh, no. I'll be the last one to say that someone is in an Ahri fan cult since I mained Ahri season 2.

That being said, Ahri doesn't come close to being as strong as Orianna.
She has to put herself relatively close to her target in order to land her W and R.
She doesn't have a transferable shield, or any other sort of team-oriented skill.
Her harassment has long cooldowns and is completely punishable if you miss it.
She doesn't have anywhere close to the amount of control Orianna has in a team-fight.

Also, who cares about the "average scrub"? Just because the "average scrub" can't use her, doesn't mean she isn't overpowered.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HiddenMartyr

Senior Member

11-29-2012

Your points are solid, but I do not think she is the most "powerful" mid. I main kass/swain/vlad mid, I rarely have an issue with Oriana. Sure, she can play passive the entire lane phase, but then you've just got a glorified Gragas who is going to fall behind. I think there are several top tier mid's right now, she may be among them, but in time as the game changes so will that. To me she will always be very situational.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboRal View Post
Uh, no. I'll be the last one to say that someone is in an Ahri fan cult since I mained Ahri season 2.

That being said, Ahri doesn't come close to being as strong as Orianna.
She has to put herself relatively close to her target in order to land her W and R.
She doesn't have a transferable shield, or any other sort of team-oriented skill.
Her harassment has long cooldowns and is completely punishable if you miss it.
She doesn't have anywhere close to the amount of control Orianna has in a team-fight.

Also, who cares about the "average scrub"? Just because the "average scrub" can't use her, doesn't mean she isn't overpowered.
Did you misread something? And for all her socalled faults ahri sure dumps on orianna pretty easy lol.

Also ahri has no diminishing returns on her Q nor is she nearly as mana hungry. She doesnt need control in teamfights. You just remove whoever does. Also oriannas ball only has like 20 range on ahri's W which does prioritize champs. Ahri doesnt have to get close to do damage, if you think you need every drop of your damage you do, but you really don't. Like ori, you just need to get in or out of your position. Also her harrassment is on a 6 second cooldown with scaling true damage and it also technically has better scaling both ratio and flat damgewise.

And no, she's not a support mage, she's an assassin mage. She doesn't transfer shields and her hard CC isn't attached to an ult you can't spam.

Orianna is a good champ but there's also not alot she can do about major threats once they get out of control. Which occurs at all levels of play. Talking about things like lategame vayne and kog not whatever these people are QQing about today.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MaskedUnicyclist

Senior Member

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboRal View Post
Uh, no. I'll be the last one to say that someone is in an Ahri fan cult since I mained Ahri season 2.

That being said, Ahri doesn't come close to being as strong as Orianna.
She has to put herself relatively close to her target in order to land her W and R.
She doesn't have a transferable shield, or any other sort of team-oriented skill.
Her harassment has long cooldowns and is completely punishable if you miss it.
She doesn't have anywhere close to the amount of control Orianna has in a team-fight.

Also, who cares about the "average scrub"? Just because the "average scrub" can't use her, doesn't mean she isn't overpowered.
d-d-d-d-d-d-d-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DOOOOOOOOOOOOWN SYNDROOOOOOOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing to see here boys and girls, just a downie at play.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

11-29-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdVfbwkWhe8

/thread

Edit: :P not really but still its the semifinals.

Btw this match probably saved orianna from the nerfbat

While youre at it, have a look at how to counter flash and nunu


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tha Dynamite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
Did you misread something? And for all her socalled faults ahri sure dumps on orianna pretty easy lol.

Also ahri has no diminishing returns on her Q nor is she nearly as mana hungry. She doesnt need control in teamfights. You just remove whoever does. Also oriannas ball only has like 20 range on ahri's W which does prioritize champs. Ahri doesnt have to get close to do damage, if you think you need every drop of your damage you do, but you really don't. Like ori, you just need to get in or out of your position. Also her harrassment is on a 6 second cooldown with scaling true damage and it also technically has better scaling both ratio and flat damgewise.

And no, she's not a support mage, she's an assassin mage. She doesn't transfer shields and her hard CC isn't attached to an ult you can't spam.

Orianna is a good champ but there's also not alot she can do about major threats once they get out of control. Which occurs at all levels of play. Talking about things like lategame vayne and kog not whatever these people are QQing about today.
The diminishing returns on her Q is abysmal compared to the cooldown on it. You bringing it up as a line of argument just shows that you don't know what you're talking about.

All non-burst AP mids get Chalice and Athene's. With good runes, resource control, and the occasional blue, there is no such thing as "mana hungry" for an AP mid.

You're looking at the range on the Wiki, which is wrong. Ahri's W is only a little longer than her attack range. Also, its unreliable to hit your intended target unless you go next to it.

Scaling better? Orianna's Q has a 3 second cooldown, half of Ahri's. Orianna's base magic damage is 180. Twice is 360. AP scaling of 0.5, twice being 1.0. Hows that for "technically" scaling.

Major threats? Put a ball on an initiator and ult when he gets in range of the threat.
Do you actually play Ahri? If you do, you'll know that she isn't a "mage assassin".

And that game. Yeah, OK. A Maokai ganking mid over and over to snowball the Ahri means that Ahri is stronger than Orianna.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tha Dynamite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedUnicyclist View Post
d-d-d-d-d-d-d-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DOOOOOOOOOOOOWN SYNDROOOOOOOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing to see here boys and girls, just a downie at play.
Brave. Posting on a smurf.


12