Do you find this concept a good or a balanced one? (with, of course, some tweaks)

I find it an interesting concept and still balanced 0 0%
I find it an interesting concept, but unbalanced 1 100.00%
I find it a well balanced concept, but not interesting 0 0%
It needs some changes to get interesting and balanced 0 0%
It needs a lot of changes to get interesting and balanced 0 0%
This is a horrible concept. No way to get interesting and balanced 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Concept of a Jungler/Fighter with male Naga/Centipede design

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Den Vardoger

02-24-2013

Name: Sigor (still deciding)

Title: (still creating one)

Design:
-His appearance is like a male specimen of the Naga race, but with lots of monstruous features. He has a monitor lizard-like head, 4 arms, 1 scorpion-like tail (with a poisonous sting at its end) on the top back of his torso, 8 centipede-like legs and a hard carapace full of thorns on the back of his body.
-While walking he uses all of his arms.
-On auto attacks, he uses the claws of 1 of his 4 arms. On critical hit he uses 2 arms to attack.

Innate: Poison Sting Every third auto attack on the same enemy target (within a short duration) Sigor stings his target with his scorpion-like "tail", dealing bonus magic DoT (based on a percentage of Sigor's MHP).

Q Ability: Dismember
-Active: Sigor performs a short leap into his target and bites it with such monstruous ferocity, causing serious wounds. The target will suffer from loss of Movement and Attack Speed for a short duration. He then feasts on the target's flesh taken by the bite, healing himself for a percentage of the damage done by the bite.
Note: Does not proc on hit effects, but procs Ability Enhancement Effects as they would do to a single target ability.

W Ability: Ecdysis
-Active: Sigor sheds his scales, cleaning any CC on him. After the shedding (1 second of duration) his movements get temporarily rejuvenated, increasing his Movement and Attack Speed for a short duration.

E Ability: Twin Vipers
-Active: As a skill shot ability, Sigor sends a magic viper into a direction. If it collides with an enemy unit, the magic viper entangles this unit's legs and starts to bite it, applying slow and magic DoT to this target. Sigor can still send one more magic viper. If it collides with an unit under the effects of the first magic viper, this target will get snared for the same duration of this ability's slow and the magic DoT countdown will reset.

R Ability: Underground Assault
-Active: Global dash ability that makes Sigor burrows himself into the ground and dashes to the targeted location. Arriving on it, he comes out of the ground, dealing magic damage and slow to enemies into an AoE. Enemies at the very center of the target location also get knocked up for a short instance. After the summoner has targeted a location with this ability, the target location will be marked till the arrival of Sigor and will always be visible to Sigor's team. If there are any units of the oposite team near the location, it will also be visible to them (also being marked on the map). Locations under fogs of war cannot be target. The highest is the rank of this ability, the farthest is the range of this ability and the more damage it will do.

Role: Mostly the Jungler. He can also be a solo top.
-As the Jungler: Has both sustain and good damage to perform his jungle role. His Q Ability will mostly be the starter ability, because of its healing and AtkSpd reduction.
His gank capabilities are also very good, as he has a leap that slows the target (although it has low range) and because of his ranged slow/snare.
-As Solo Top: He has some sustain and range harrassment. Also has a free cleanse that also boosts his Movement Speed for a good chase and to avoid ganks against him.

Edit: If you guys like him I will even put all the missing numbers. =)

Den Vardoger

02-24-2013

Any constructive comment? =)

ploki122

02-24-2013

First of all, I believe that the concept does work fairly well, but there are a few... leaks, where it simply isn't cohesive at all.

Passive : Every 3 hits, you poison sting, making it 3 consecutive hits balances it so you can make the effect stronger (although a bit blander). However, I don't feel like the ability feel all that poison-y... You deal damage based on your missing hp, so your poison would be stronger the weaker you are? I think that making it stack up to a certain cap (3-5) and adding a shredding effect (grievous wound, reduced MR/Arm, flat out reduced healing, reduced stats)... Basically, a debuff.

Q : There is too much on this ability imo... It is a gap closer attack that reduce the damage output of the enemy, slows him down AND heal yourself. Add damage onto that and you have a ****ton of utility on top of (probably) semi-decent damage.

W : You may want to call it shed skin... Ecdysis have a "Darius ultimate"-feel to it. Otherwise, I think that this ability could have a %hp cost, or have a low cd, but lower armor/mr for a while (slowly raising to normal)... Basically have a feel of "My skin is gone". Another idea would be to loose everything that is on you, DoTs, buffs, debuffs, targeted skills, skill shots (you leave a husk behind). If you were to go with the latter, be sure to add a decent cost to it (be it in hp, mana, time or whatever, but making it strong without a downside is creating ReleaseTF2.0).

E : It does feel nice. If you want tweaking levers, applying your passive is an idea.

R : Basically, Nocturne's ult, on the ground... well under... But I don't see why an underground assault is visible to the enemy. I would make it have a slightly lower range, no way to see it from the enemy (other than maybe true sight), and make you untargetable for the duration. You may or may not be able to change direction while underground.

/2cents

The only thing I ask for when I give feedback is that you vote in my VPVD poll

EDIT : Also, this community is moving very slowly, so don't expect a lot of feedback right off the bat, and if you want some, work for it (like I'm working for my votes). Right now, I was in the mood of helping newer threads with low self-bumps, and it's the reason I came by, but until you have a few views/replies, a lot won't even look at your thread.

Den Vardoger

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploki122 View Post
Passive: Every 3 hits, you poison sting, making it 3 consecutive hits balances it so you can make the effect stronger (although a bit blander). However, I don't feel like the ability feel all that poison-y... You deal damage based on your missing hp, so your poison would be stronger the weaker you are? I think that making it stack up to a certain cap (3-5) and adding a shredding effect (grievous wound, reduced MR/Arm, flat out reduced healing, reduced stats)... Basically, a debuff.
I don't know were did you see it does damage on his missing health. MHP is a very used term by LoL community and it means Maximum HP. So...think on abilities that does a bonus damage based on the user's hp. All of them are based on the user's BONUS of HP, not on their MHP. So...I think it would even be a little too strong. The fact its 3 consecutive auto attacks and it does damage over time, not instant damage, it would get balanced just by these 2 limitations.

Quote:
Q : There is too much on this ability imo... It is a gap closer attack that reduce the damage output of the enemy, slows him down AND heal yourself. Add damage onto that and you have a ****ton of utility on top of (probably) semi-decent damage.
Don't forget that I have mentioned its range is short. Also...I was considering to put small slow effects on it. Still...I am considering to remove the Mov Speed slow, but maybe it wouldn't make sense.

Quote:
W : You may want to call it shed skin... Ecdysis have a "Darius ultimate"-feel to it. Otherwise, I think that this ability could have a %hp cost, or have a low cd, but lower armor/mr for a while (slowly raising to normal)... Basically have a feel of "My skin is gone". Another idea would be to loose everything that is on you, DoTs, buffs, debuffs, targeted skills, skill shots (you leave a husk behind). If you were to go with the latter, be sure to add a decent cost to it (be it in hp, mana, time or whatever, but making it strong without a downside is creating ReleaseTF2.0).
The correct name for the skin shedding of animals is Ecdysis (in english). "Darius ultimate"? I didn't really get it. Specially that you are referring to its name. o.o
Well...don't think on it so scientifically. What really matters here is how it works on the game. Yes...I was considering a long CD for it (something about 18 / 17 / 16 / 15 / 14 or higher) and a little long duration for the buffs (between 5 - 8 seconds), so the long CD would only limit the free cleanse.

Quote:
E : It does feel nice. If you want tweaking levers, applying your passive is an idea.
Nice idea, but I think he needs more nerfs than buffs. =p

Quote:
R : Basically, Nocturne's ult, on the ground... well under... But I don't see why an underground assault is visible to the enemy. I would make it have a slightly lower range, no way to see it from the enemy (other than maybe true sight), and make you untargetable for the duration. You may or may not be able to change direction while underground.
Well...actually, if you compare with Nocturne's ultimate, this ultimate would be too strong, since it does AoE damage, doesn't need a target to work and have considerable CCs. The limitations will be its range (will be shorter than Noc's ultimate), damage (lower than Panth's, Noc's and Malphite's damage) and a long CD.
Some of what you said (makes him untargetable and not too long range) was already features of it, but it will HAVE to be visible (like Pantheon's ultimate).

And yes...I know how this community works, about repplies. Its not my first concept here. I have already posted lots of them.
Thanks for your comment, dude. I find them very constructive. =)

Den Vardoger

02-24-2013

C'mon...

ploki122

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den Vardoger View Post
I don't know were did you see it does damage on his missing health. MHP is a very used term by LoL community and it means Maximum HP. So...think on abilities that does a bonus damage based on the user's hp. All of them are based on the user's BONUS of HP, not on their MHP. So...I think it would even be a little too strong. The fact its 3 consecutive auto attacks and it does damage over time, not instant damage, it would get balanced just by these 2 limitations.
My bad there I guess, first time I see MHP, and I never thought about maximum, only missing... Otherwise, I never said it was imbalanced, just... awkward. I don't think that the side effect fits a poison.

Quote:
Don't forget that I have mentioned its range is short. Also...I was considering to put small slow effects on it. Still...I am considering to remove the Mov Speed slow, but maybe it wouldn't make sense.
No matter the range, it's basically an Elise Q with added utility. What I'm telling you is that, in my opinion, the huge amount of utility it gives will make it nearly impossible to add any damage on top of that.

Quote:
The correct name for the skin shedding of animals is Ecdysis (in english). "Darius ultimate"? I didn't really get it. Specially that you are referring to its name. o.o
Well...don't think on it so scientifically. What really matters here is how it works on the game. Yes...I was considering a long CD for it (something about 18 / 17 / 16 / 15 / 14 or higher) and a little long duration for the buffs (between 5 - 8 seconds), so the long CD would only limit the free cleanse.
Yeah, I google'd it to know what it meant, but it may have came across weird... basically, Ecdysis sounds violent/brutal to my ear, that's why I suggested a more passive name.
Quote:

Nice idea, but I think he needs more nerfs than buffs. =p
Yup, but sometimes, knowing where the balance levers are is nice. You can choose to nerf an ability by 50% to get a little more power elsewhere and your champion feels more cohesive this way (I'm not saying this is the case here, it's just that I love theory crafting ,and so I tend to give my ideas of how everything could be tweaked... fuel for fiery thoughts basically)

Quote:
And yes...I know how this community works, about repplies. Its not my first concept here. I have already posted lots of them.
Thanks for your comment, dude. I find them very constructive. =)
Well... if you do know... why are you still recklessly bumping?
Also, np for the reply.