Experiencing Latency

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mishimaru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Still having lag spikes, and even froze my game completely once today.

Filthy Animals

Network Ops Technician

01-22-2013
6 of 7 Riot Posts

Hello everyone,

After talking with a few other teams about this issue, we still do not have a definite fix. A handful of players have talked to me in game and we have tried various different things to resolve this. Today I had a player note that they disabled the Pando Media Booster and their issues had went away. I suggest to try this as well and see if this helps.

I do not think this is the "smoking gun" but it may help a majority of you to have a much better player experience.

Aiboh

01-22-2013

I can confirm that the Pando Media Booster fixes some people (fixed my friends) but did not fix my lag. Mine is still 100% unplayable.

The Blu Equine

01-22-2013

deleted PMB (pando), re allowed peer to peer and have the occassional ice skate ordeal (intense lag where people "ice skate" across the battlefield), but its better by leaps and bounds than how it originally was. Hoping to hear for a more permanent fix soon.

Bwownmp

01-22-2013

Disabled Pando a couple weeks ago, I thought there was improvement but the game still jumps now and then to over 2k ping making it unplayable. Often some others in my game seem to be unaffected, while some of us are affected.

Haven't played a game in weeks where this didn't happen. Had just started playing ranked too... at least half of my losses are lag related.

Hope this gets figured out soon!

Jundishi

01-22-2013

Glad we got a red post on this! I disabled pando media booster and opened all the ports as well but still facing the same huge jumps in ping

Please keep looking for some type of fix to this because it is becoming very difficult to play at any decent level under these conditions

TrickedFaith

01-22-2013

Disabled Pando while much better still skating around in.

TheOneWhoisLost

01-22-2013

My lag is fine but i keep getting timeouts from the PvP net. Is this the correct board to be asking for help on and watching for solutions?

kuroihebi

01-22-2013

I am also getting these weird spikes periodically, and it seems to be especially bad at night times. I have usually 80ish ms ping in game but it can go up to 1k. Been happening around October/November of 2012. I am in the New York Area. My ISP is Time Warner Cable and they claim that there isn't any problem on their side. I am currently using a wired connection, and the router has been replaced but didn't help. This makes the game pretty much unplayable when the spikes occur.

grizzlyburr

01-23-2013

I have been experiencing this for a few days now so i have been doing research of my own in the form of simply playing. I have noticed that i lag vastly less if i am using the free week champions. I have the lag between clicks much more frequently with draven than any of the other 20 champs i have played. I also tend to lag more in the bottom lane as compared to little to very few latency issues in top lane. Idk why this correlation is there but it is, so maybe it will help or maybe it wont but just thought i would share my experiences.