Experiencing Latency

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iainB85

01-09-2013

I've been having the same symptoms the OP described for about the same time frame. I have Comcast in Massachusetts, and I have no issues with any other games. It's really hard to play ranked games like this, can Riot please give us some kind of update? About to give up on this game entirely from frustration.

I also do not have lolreplay or any other addons like that.

jayboom

01-09-2013

bump

still gettin lag spikes

Konzart

01-09-2013

2 Minutes into a game the "attempting to reconnect button" showed up for over 5 minutes. I reluctantly left the game to reconnect. When it exited to the menu, there was no reconnect button. The game was still in progress but I had no way of getting back in. I was stuck on the main menu and could start another game, not to mention this was a ranked game. As someone who supports this game greatly and frequently purchases rp for the great work Riot does, I am rather disappointed right now.

Nilgiccas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2013

I have just ceased playing. Its not fun to play summoners rift and twenty minutes or ten and boom lag. Instaloss. Id deal with it but riots complete lack of response has to be the worst.

iainB85

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by nair View Post
I have just ceased playing. Its not fun to play summoners rift and twenty minutes or ten and boom lag. Instaloss. Id deal with it but riots complete lack of response has to be the worst.
Agree, this is just really bad service to have an entirely game breaking issue for so many people for this long without anymore response than "Someone maybe, somewhere, sometime, is taking a look at this"

Zapfloch

01-10-2013

Riot, can you please give us an update on what you are doing to fix this? If you don't reply we'll assume that you don't care about the people that play your game and buy RP.

Tyra Wadman

01-10-2013

I contacted my service provider for the same reasons. While it is not 100% lag free like it was in june, I did manage to get a chunk of it fixed.

I don't like the support for this though:

"I just looked at your account, it's running fine on my end! Would you like to run a speed test anyway?"
"Sure!"
"What's it say?"
"2.5...."
"Well that's not right."
(make sure to run a speed test from the ISP, not a random one online)

So clearly, if they say it is alright, chances are, it's not. I couldn't even get the Upload part of it done because it just wouldn't finish.

In the end I was told to turn off my router, then shut down my computer. Then after those 30 seconds to boot them back up again. I can't rememeber if the guy did anything on his end too but it worked pretty darn good afterwards. Still lag once in a while but I was so happy to be able to play League again~!

I've always done the 30 second router restart, but never with my computer at the same time. Soooo not sure if it will help anyone else but it sure helped me.

Royal Pancakes

01-10-2013

So you pretty much just power cycle your modem? Those work every now and then, but it won't rid of your lag, because you have to keep doing it every week if you want to play stable-ly, which still havent been fixed

Nilgiccas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyra Wadman View Post
I contacted my service provider for the same reasons. While it is not 100% lag free like it was in june, I did manage to get a chunk of it fixed.

I don't like the support for this though:

"I just looked at your account, it's running fine on my end! Would you like to run a speed test anyway?"
"Sure!"
"What's it say?"
"2.5...."
"Well that's not right."
(make sure to run a speed test from the ISP, not a random one online)

So clearly, if they say it is alright, chances are, it's not. I couldn't even get the Upload part of it done because it just wouldn't finish.

In the end I was told to turn off my router, then shut down my computer. Then after those 30 seconds to boot them back up again. I can't rememeber if the guy did anything on his end too but it worked pretty darn good afterwards. Still lag once in a while but I was so happy to be able to play League again~!

I've always done the 30 second router restart, but never with my computer at the same time. Soooo not sure if it will help anyone else but it sure helped me.
just played StarWars the old Republic for four hours straight and lacked a single lag spike. I entered Kaas city with supposedly some 200 people connected for an hour and the highest my ping went was one hundred.

on a f2p game with 200 people connected to one instance 14 of which immediately visible my ping remains steady but in a game with 10 people for 30 minutes I exceed 300 ping?

thats not my isp. Also I've run every recommended test. No red flags. 35 down 10 up (sometimes 5 up)

Tiger4252

01-10-2013

Been getting these for well over a month now, it's really starting to bother the gameplay, causing loss of matches and playing terribly, please can we get an update or response addressing this large issue?