Experiencing Latency

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MajorPain9

01-08-2013

Well my tech came today and clocked me in at 54 MBPS plugged directly into the modem. Said my speed was fantastic. Tried it on the xbox nothing but flawless game play. The ps3 the exact same. TF2 exact same no lag. Diablo 3 had lag but blizzard is to blame there.

Please give us an update riot.

iamdarkwingduck

01-08-2013

Still getting insane ping/ping spikes. Hope Riot says something more about this...

Sgt Oreos

01-08-2013

My netalyzr shows that my DNS is wildcarding and that seems to be the problem but I am not sure what I can do to fix that. Please help!

Royal Pancakes

01-08-2013

Bumps. This lag spike is back to me....

Royal Pancakes

01-08-2013

I've only played 2 match so far since this lag came back. 1st was not as bad. the 2nd one was a killer. Although in both games, someone also said they're spiking.

oolongmonk

01-08-2013

Same here...

I lag pretty much every game I play, multiple times a day. Everything was fine until this patch...

I have a wicked fast internet with a powerful CPU. I play Starcraft II a couple of hours a day for the past few months or so and have not had a single disconnection.

I also run on Xbox Live quite frequently and never had a problem.

League ran smoothly until the VI patch and then I've been DCing like crazy.

Unfortunately Riot doesn't really seem to care as it's easier for them to blame ISPs.

It's blows my mind how Riot can spend all this money towards skins, making music for new characters,etc, etc... But it cannot make an investment in basic infrastructure.

It just goes to show that Riot is run by a bunch of techie nerds who have absolutely NO business sense. When you see things like this you are reminded that they are still really small time. God, I wish Blizzard would buy them out of something so we can have a functional product.

NA Hentai Prince

01-08-2013

Riot, U don't even care about this?

Certain Victory

01-08-2013

Same issue again..

Bath Salt Addict

01-08-2013

i am also experiencing this on mine. normally i am at like 71 ping, but lately i just spike up to 200-6000 for no reason what so ever. i have done everything that they say to do to help the ping. idk what else i could do

RavenRise

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjorn248 View Post
I think i found the problem, just disable peer to peer on the main client start page. The gear button is next to minimize.

Hey guys, Bjorn248 might be on to something.

I disabled peer to peer transfer a few days ago and my LoL games have not experienced the sliding problem since. Although I do have sporadic FPS that jumps from 39 to 60, everything so far is smooth.

Perhaps the Gifting feature put extra strain on your home networks.

I begun to notice numerous versions of lag that deviates from Rocketcat's original problem. For all I know, everyone on this forum could be talking about two very different kinds of lag. If this Peer to Peer transfer solution does not solve your lag problems, it is very likely that you might have a version of lag that is not similar to Rocketcat's or Mine.