Experiencing Latency

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NA Hentai Prince

12-29-2012

Cant wait until i can play a game with no ping spiking.

Teeroy

12-30-2012

Buuuuuuuump

Death Note light

12-30-2012

It is my honor to bump this

RavenRise

12-30-2012

Question about the ICSI Netalyzer.

Does it only test the connection from your computer to the modem or your computer to the actual RIOT server. Because the results from the Florida Laquinta Hotel have okay results with no millisecond delays.

I have a suspicion that the ICSI Netalyzer test only tests the connection speed to the modem. Is there any way I can use another connection tester or modify the Netalyzer to test connection to RIOT servers?

Detahmaio

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennilane View Post
Confirming same issues as everyone else, booting LoL causes intermittent lag spikes for everyone connected to the router, not just the computer with LoL.

It's been doing the same thing for about a week now. We too are on the east coast of the U.S. (Delaware) and have Comcast as an ISP.

East coast new york city here

Mula

12-30-2012

I remember when I used to worry about if I was going to be placed with bad teammates, now I worry if the game is going to be playable. For the last 2-3 weeks, massive ping has made the game unplayable and all i want to do is play. I know its not the ISP because I just bought a new fancy router and the internet is great. I cannot find a solution that works and I have been playing for almost a year with no problems that lasted for more than an hour. I wish riot would investigate and tell us if it is the client or something on my computer. I have 12GB ram and no viruses, so I know it has nothing to do with the actual computer. Its not an FPS issue, it is a ping issue. The day the game stopped working, I did nothing special to my computer or internet. This game is ruining me and stressing me out. I just want a solution or at least know riot is looking for one. Please. I put too much money and enjoy the game too much to just give up. I can't and will not. Just please, someone... please help us.

Edit: Interesting... Just saw the post above me. I'm east coast Pennsylvania with Comcast. But it does not make sense. I have had Comcast for a year with no problems until recently. Did they have an update or something? Maybe the hurricane hit something and Comcast decided to shut it down until its fixed. Idk but i just want answers!!!!

RavenRise

12-30-2012

I live in the West Coast and a Comcast customer. If Mula is right about hurricane Sandy hitting vital Comcast facilties/server stations, we might indeed have a problem on the internet provider's hands. If so, i don't think RIOT can help us on that.

But my previous tests with CooP - AI don't seem to add up. If Comcast was hit by Hurricane Sandy, then some of my internet services should be not functioning. Everything is working fine internet wise. Its just LoL that produces such lag / reconnection problems. Everything on my end points toward RIOT servers.

I'm still wondering if Netalyzer tests computer to modem or computer to Server. I'm hoping of finding a way to test computer-Server connection speeds.

KSOAR

12-30-2012

i live in northern minnesota i have an isp that provides to an area that like 50 square miles so add another isp to that list

Detahmaio

12-30-2012

I have optimum i can do anything but play league currently which makes me sad I was gonna buy about 30 bucks of RP =p.

FunStopsHere

12-30-2012

Still lagging mates.