Experiencing Latency

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sewbie

12-29-2012

Did riot get hacked, because its not just LoL thats lagging hard now, it has moved to my chrome and now its difficult to play a youtube video, i went to best buy to see what the problem is and you know what, they said that my computer is starting to crash BECAUSE of league. Idk why your game is doing this to me riot i really don't.

Detahmaio

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewbie View Post
Did riot get hacked, because its not just LoL thats lagging hard now, it has moved to my chrome and now its difficult to play a youtube video, i went to best buy to see what the problem is and you know what, they said that my computer is starting to crash BECAUSE of league. Idk why your game is doing this to me riot i really don't.
Funny thing is I can barely watch youtube videos with league open.

iChaosDragon

12-29-2012

Now I'm glad that I'm not the only one having these latency, lag and ping issues o_O

Quoc Le

12-29-2012

lag and ping issues are because of ISP or Riot?

Flyingbox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoc Le View Post
lag and ping issues are because of ISP or Riot?
It appears to be both.
My ping elevates when playing league matches exclusively. ATT has also been... less than satisfactory this last month.

Detahmaio

12-29-2012

I start at 85 then jump to 300+ and it never goes back down

Taoi

12-29-2012

My boyfriend has the "attempting to reconnect" issue several times per game. He's checked all the logs and it's only LoL that's crashing, absolutely everything else runs just fine even behind a running game. He's tried restarting the computer, the modem and even running a repair on LoL and nothing has worked to fix the issue.

Pennilane

12-29-2012

Confirming same issues as everyone else, booting LoL causes intermittent lag spikes for everyone connected to the router, not just the computer with LoL.

It's been doing the same thing for about a week now. We too are on the east coast of the U.S. (Delaware) and have Comcast as an ISP.

Mistserpent

12-29-2012

Having very similar issues.

Optimum for ISP

RavenRise

12-29-2012

Okay guys, noting previous posts....

In Washington, (where i originally experienced this problem), I had re-connection problems at home.
However in Florida, I have no reconnection problems at all (just major lag). Although this points to ISPS issues like RIOT has suggested, a following Coop AI game reaffirmed my suspicions.

Coop AI is you + 4 others with the RIOT servers. When i was loading, i had 999 ping. When i was playing, i had 500+ ping until somebody left.

Usually, Laquinta Wifi is not slow, as the load speed of Leagueoflegends.com and patch services were fast. Due to the ping experienced in Coop-AI, i'm starting to think that this lag issue is related with the servers....not the ISPS.

In previous posts (page 53-52), some people already noted the curious ping issues with home/outside. This means that my situation is not isolated, and quite widespread.