Experiencing Latency

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Volkari

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asetic Death View Post
I'm running windows 7 so i don't know if it will work for you but it's quick and easy so give it a shot.

Go into Windows Media Player. From the menu -> File -> Manage libraries -> select each library (music, video, pictures, recorded tv [if you have]) and check the paths that it is managing and make sure it is not too close to the root of the C: drive. For example, it should be something like c:\users\Jim\Music and c:\users\Public\Music BUT NOT c:\users as they will cause the whole directory tree to be re-indexed over and over (when you surf the web or change any files in your profile).

If you have multiple users who login to the computer, you may need to repeat the process for each user if all users have added managed folders which are actively changing on a regular basis.

"May your games be full of win and free of lag" - AseticDeath
None of my libraries were close to C.

Folkkk

12-22-2012

Are you guys having some audio issues too? Mine its glitching, repeating, I don't know what is the cause (I'm pretty sure isn't my PC or internet, cos its only on League).

Maybe its corrupted audio files? I tried everything to fix it, nothing solved (repair game, unistall game, update every driver on my PC).

Crosisx2

12-22-2012

I think a lot of people hijacked this thread with completely different kinds of problems than what the OP and others are talking about. I

Rocket Cat

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosisx2 View Post
I think a lot of people hijacked this thread with completely different kinds of problems than what the OP and others are talking about. I
Agreed. This thread is exclusively about a spiking ping issue that occurs every ~30 seconds in game, not about anything else.

530 520

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2012

sadfasdf

530 520

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2012

riot please fix im losing all my elo

NickWRX

12-22-2012

Oh my God, i have the same problems it terrible. Unplayable game at the moment

Igdras

12-22-2012

Same here, game's unplayable.
They should roll back to the previous patch and fix this one ASAP.

Luvztt

12-22-2012

Same here (( yesterday my game was fine but today I got this glitch every 30sec-1min on every game I played, there's just no way I can continue playing this game like this.

Sour Krause

12-22-2012

Yeah exact same freezing problem, my ping spikes leading to the freezing then get attempting to reconnect a bunch of times. I had an ongoing support ticket thing going, nothing they told me solved this problem or even helped in the slightest. I submitted everything they asked me to and they found no major issues that should be causing this. Pissed off that I can't play over my winter break now that it's finally arrived. Please fix this riot.