Experiencing Latency

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SenryoDokeBaddie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

I suppose Riot isn't responding to this problem because they don't know how or why its happening.
Not that its anything special, but during my 1st 10 games of ranked I got my elo to 1190 within the first maybe 6 of them (elo hell is bad enough with its trolls)
and then lag decided to claim my other 4 games, its amazing how it only freezes when I get into combat. I feel like the game is working against me.
Needless to say my elo has been dropping due to this lag, the only reason I keep playing Ranked is because SOMETIMES it doesn't lag. This is rare but sometimes it doesn't. I have no way of telling if it will lag or not.

PolaDora

12-17-2012

Seems like Riot is aware of the issue, just unsure what to do about it. They will respond when they figure it out. Being that it's been a problem for a month, now, I am a bit upset I'll admit.

LoL is my game of choice, so I keep trying to play it hoping that the problem will be gone. Every game is the same, however. Eventually I'll give up and go play RO2 or some other MOBA even.

pls riot, keep working hard. skins and champs are nice, but we need de smooth serverz.

AfflictedTran

12-17-2012

bumpp

Seliphan

12-17-2012

'kay so after the firewalls I also changed my region to EU West, save, then back to NA and that fixed my lag for 3 games then it returned. It's rather annoying to switch back and forth but so far it's about all I can do. T.T

sdkando

12-17-2012

Adding another post to the thread....

Run pings to a DNS server IP address given to me by my ISP, returns around 7ms. Knowing this is just to their DNS server but if it was a problem between my house and my ISP this would show it. Running pings to google servers sticks around 25ms consistently.

Meanwhile, ping in game has hit the 6000's. Exact same symptoms as others have described, mine also seems to like to kick in during combat.

Tried resetting everything tied to my network as well as running repair on LoL client.

Here's hoping it gets fixed someday.

IcyCGao

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

could we plz get a rioter response regarding this issue?

Vivid Nightmare

12-17-2012

Add me to the list

Just played a game today for the first time in a few weeks and my ping hit 2200... It's obviously got something to do with the recent patches. I've also noticed that the LOL client seems to require much more bytes to run than before, little over a GB. Perhaps its just me, but with the posts on this thread, I think it unlikely that it's just my internet or computer being poor.

Duelpower

12-17-2012

Frozen in lag spikes all game a few minutes ago. Please check your servers riot.

Darmarriak

12-17-2012

Bump... Still awaiting riot response

Royal Pancakes

12-17-2012

Riot, FIX THIS ALREADY! I lost 2 ranked match due to this X.x