Experiencing Latency

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nakinz

12-16-2012

Same problem here - FPS goes from 60 solid (vertical sync) to below 10FPS. I have to quit the game and rejoin to get the FPS back to normal which is annoying mid fight!

narpyarp

12-16-2012

yep same from Aus - 5 of my friends have similar problems

Walfke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2012

bump

eastcoastblaze

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Cat View Post
Ever since this Tuesday (November 27th) roughly every 15-20 seconds or so my game will freeze like I'm lagging badly. This lasts ~1.5 seconds. The game will still accept input, but for that short period of time all creeps/players on both teams will sort of glide in the direction they were going if they were moving, or freeze in place if they were standing still. Once it's over, my game catches up to where everything should be. During the periods where I'm NOT lag spiking, everything is normal and reacts as fast as it normally does.

The game client itself also appears to be lagging; there is now a huge delay between the time where I input my password and where the client logs me in, a good 10 seconds.

No other game I play has this issue, just LoL. Every speed test I've run on my Verizon FIOS says nothing is wrong.

Edit: I live on the east coast of the US.

Edit again: normal ping is around 85. When the lag occurs it spikes to ~700 and then over the course of a second or so drops back down to 85.

Edit the third: This is happening all over the US and Canada to people with, at last count, five different service providers. This is clearly not an issue on our end, could we please get a response on this issue Riot? We'd like to be able to play.
I've been experiencing the exact same thing, and my internet at home has been upgraded recently, and i know it is not that because i experience the same thing on my college campus's internet, i however noticed this when the season 3 patch him out. the one that changed the GUI. this is very annoying, the thing with the creeps and champs gliding everywhere and the game still accepting input will happen to me when my fps is around 60 and my ping will go form 93 to 114. can we please get some information on this

viviidity

12-16-2012

I'm in Sydney Australia and my whole household gets the same error. We can't play at all when more then one person is playing, and I occasionally get it when just playing alone too. I've stopped playing all together because once the error pops up, I never make it back into the game. This is a really recent error for me.

Edit: The error is "Attempting to Reconnect"

Lystraatla

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2012

I have the same problem.
Before I had simply disconnected every once in a while. My whole internet would go splat, but would ONLY do this while I was playing League. I could hop onto WoW or SC2 and be just fine. But once I was on League, nope. Internet would have issues.
Ever since this last patch, I get horrible lag spikes up to 20,000 at the most random times, and then I dc. My internet doesn't just completely fail every time. Nobody else is on my internet, either.

Dakaa

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakinz View Post
Same problem here - FPS goes from 60 solid (vertical sync) to below 10FPS. I have to quit the game and rejoin to get the FPS back to normal which is annoying mid fight!
dude it's the latency we are talking about, not fps.

Shadynho28

12-17-2012

no solution so far... I have won some classic solo but just because their team suck, but I wont even dare going into ranked and getting this 1000+ lag spikes those 5-10 seconds are enough to ruin a game...
Any kind of solution RIOT... I disable my firewall closed all internet using services, and it just doesnt matter, the problem is not my computer or conection I have done a speed test while playing and everything was perfect with my conection, my ping, upload, download, it cant be me....

SWAGGA 2 DA MAX

12-17-2012

man for a company thats making millions they seem really unprofessional. like they got their money so they just dont care bout this game anymore. amatuers...

Maisel

12-17-2012

Bump. Along with latency spikes and lag spikes, please fix.