Experiencing Latency

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amumu is Beast

12-09-2012

bump for justice

SinsNotLies

12-09-2012

Riot pls. It's been a week since this thread was made, and yet still no response. I too am getting these lag spikes recently. I live in Ontario, using Rogers as my ISP. I usually get 20-25 mbps download speed, and average about 80-90 ms ping. However, since the patch a week ago, my ping spikes periodically to 300-3000 every few minutes. This has not happened in any other games.

Kage027

12-09-2012

i usually get a 80-90ms ping and how it averages 140 and spikes every few mins up to 300+ms. I would like and answer too.

Plagway

12-09-2012

http://www.pingtest.net/result/73640281.png

Been getting severe lag spikes as well, used to receive between 10-15 MS for the year and a half I've been playing this game now it will go from that SKYROCKET to 3,000+ for a few seconds. Really makes trading and team fights a hit or miss. Any word a fix Riot?

Dactylos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2012

Same here for me, my friend, and his brother. We basically surrendered the last game we played because it was basically unplayable.

Featherfox

12-09-2012

Today I experienced a strange issue.

I played (and horribly lost) two PvP matches back to back with my friends. We're playing from Ontario, Canada. Suddenly, when I try to activate a skill shot, the game seems to debate the matter of it's use, then after a full second (or more) of pondering, the command eventually executes and I fire a bolt at a very offending bush, while the enemy player has enjoyed poking me the entire time.

Everyone has bad days, so I thought little of it. However, after talking with my friends, they've been complaining about the same issue.

Lately, a lot of bad reported players in the Tribunal are also complaining about lag.

Fearing obvious pattern recognition, I decided to look into the matter and found this thread. So I guess I get to join the list of people who are now experiencing game-breaking lag spikes.

It's frustrating when you can't do what you want - I can only imagine what it must be like for the people in this thread who were winning their games before the lag claimed their game.

I appreciate that Riot has a lot of matters to resolve on their hands. They're preparing for Season 3, with new champion releases, and incredible changes to the shop and jungle. There's a lot going on, and it's good. However, a growing community of players is experiencing a repeatable issue.

Is there a problem on the server side of this connection? That's the answer we're looking for. Is there too many people playing the game now? Is there some other related matter? Knowing whether or not there's a problem server-side will help people who are trying to track down the problem.

This is a very serious concern, as performance can be judged by the Tribunal. Although the Tribunal clearly states that bad players should be reported - not players who perform badly; the reporting options "Assisting Enemy Team" and "Intentionally Feeding" are used to flag bad players by the community. I have personally witnessed people who have had a string of bad plays get punished by the Tribunal because of scores like 1/7/3, or 0/4/0. These lag concerns can cause players to do much worse. There are people who were winning their games, whom then seem to stop playing, and throw the game for the other team. Such matters quite literally appear to assist the enemy team, or appear as an intentional feed. Now lag is responsible for warnings, time bans, or worse!

Now - to borrow a convention from a previous post:

tl:dr - Lag leads to bad performance - bad performance leads to Tribunal - Tribunal voters ban bad performer so they don't play with him/her.

Is there an issue with lag on the server-side of League of Legends?

Thank you for taking the time to review this matter and respond.

- Featherfox

GatorN4tion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2012

same issue for me. cost me several games

Killerarrow

12-09-2012

passed a week and riot dont do anything,now im scared of playing ranked cuz this epic lag ,i get random 2 to 15 sec attempting to reconnect in games :c

Potstickers Go

12-09-2012

im having the same issue.

Fidgy

12-09-2012

I've had this issue as well, and my friend who was using the same connection did not experience the issue. Help, riot, you're my only hope.