Experiencing Latency

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GummyNinja

01-27-2013

bump. FIX THIS!

ClayPax

01-27-2013

I'll add here that I, too, have been experiencing lag and disconnects since approximately last Wednesday. I've tried a lot of things, including disabling P2P in LoL, uninstalling Pando, disabling my firewall, and forwarding ports on my router. All speed tests on my internet come up normal, and I'm able to do other things like surf the net, play other games, and view video content normally. I've been able to minimize the actual lag (spikes in ping) for the most part, but still experience frequent episodes of the "Attempting to Reconnect" issue in games. The game becomes unresponsive for about 5-10 seconds as this is happening and occasionally, the episodes occur in strings of 2-3 in a row.

I'll include the Netalyzr results I ran for reference: http://n3.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu...0#BufferResult

Tristan Navarre

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapaluccio View Post
Actually your FPS goes to the floor... Higher FPS = GOOD, Low FPS = BAD lol

Ive tried everything... and I mean EVERYTHIG and its a shame that many of us, the frustrated players have done so many (changing routers, disabling this, disabling there, change this setting, play upside down) and still no fix. I dont know how many people you have got in charge to fix this but they dont seem to be enough... just spend some more money dammit, outsource some company to help you fix the problem. Its getting too big and right now I dont even feel like playing this game anymore... just to queue some random game and get LAG and not enjoying the match at all.

Please, like seriously... PLEASE FIX THIS.
Not the case with mine lol Every time I lag when my ping suddenly just goes crazy, like up into the 500s, my FPS shoots up from a normal 30 or 40 FPS and freezes me in place for a few seconds before it then decides to return to normal. No clue why it does it.

Litonel BP

01-27-2013

After about 2 months of having lag spike at certains hours (already tested its just League, my Net is working fine in other games) im starting to feel like a unwanted client. Its sad but well i cannot understand how its not solved after 60 days and how i see more and more people having those issues and nothing.

3ragon

01-27-2013

I guess it's a good time to stop playing Lols. Lag spikes FTW

Snoring

01-27-2013

Please fix this. Some games I will have my usual consistent 95 ping, and then the next game, from the loading screen I am at a permanent 160 ping. It doesn't fluctuate, it just stays at 160. It's not crazy high as others, but it makes the game very unenjoyable when you're trying to kite, or when there is that split second you're trying to dodge the Cho'Gath rupture.Please fix this, I love playing this game but it really sucks to have to deal with this issue.

Devoness

01-27-2013

I am having major lag issues after this was supposedly fixed last night. RECONNECTING pops up at the top every 5 seconds is sad when I have 75 or more FPS. At times I cant even move. Please fix this properly because it only made it worse on my end.

DoozleDorf

01-28-2013

Again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoozleDorf View Post
I made a separate thread on this in the GD forum, and added every Rioter name that seemed in any way involved in this type of stuff. If anyone here would like to give it a read and help keep it bumped, maybe we can get some feedback on the issue. Thanks!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...=#post33915244
Please bump it ^^^ by adding a comment, thank you.

Reduxo

01-28-2013

This is not fixed, bump

Wav3Break

Riot Intern
Quality Assurance

01-28-2013

My experience with lag spikes might be helpful in finding an overall solution.
**I have disabled Pando, has not helped.
I have a very powerful WiFi card(Killer Wireless N-1103) yet I still get very frequent lag spikes whilst playing LoL. My University is in LA and has a very fast WiFi internet and my base ping is usually 9 or 10. However, in game, my ping will often(like every 3 minutes, sometimes every 30 seconds) spike to 1000 or greater for like 2 seconds causing a micro disconnect effect where I have no control over my Champion. Yes my lag does disappear when I use a hard wire/lan cable instead of WiFi. What's weird is that my friend's Mac running iLoL can play on our WiFi with no problems whatsoever with latency.

This leads me to the conclusion that either there is some feature within all Windows based WiFi configurations that allow for the lag spikes to occur whilst on WiFi that doesn't affect Macs. Or possibly, Mac WiFi architecture is just more stable than windows and allows for less chances of packet loss. Another conclusion is that within the LoL client for Windows, there may be something causing packet loss. Then again, I don't know much about how the Mac LoL client differs from the Windows.

TL;DR: I have a pretty good WiFi card and a very powerful university WiFi that doesn't lag in any other games I play but lags in LoL with ping spikes. My friend who uses a Mac and plays with Mac LoL(the unofficial client) can play perfectly fine using the WiFi. All my other friends who have Windows machines also lag whilst using WiFi. Using a LAN cable DOES solve the lag problem. So if people are looking for solutions, I think it might be either within the Window's WiFi configuration properties or with the game files themselves. Either way it seems like Mac WiFi protocols > Windows WiFi protocols.