Experiencing Latency

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arluxian

01-25-2013

Started haveing over 400+ lag whatever the number means a few days ago. Its been awful in regular games HOWEVER whenever i do arams it goes back to normal.

I think everyone should see if doing ARAMS makes your ping go down and its only normals games that make it skyrocket. Because thats how it works for me.

TheChodeAvenger

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoozleDorf View Post
The one consistent bottleneck in nearly all of these reports comes from a single location (across many different providor hops), and that is LAX (Los Angeles).

Solution: Move your server out of one of the most populated cities in the United States -_-
A ton of these problems are coming out of the east coast as well my friend and LAX is the abbreviation for the airport, not the city the City is LA and I live about an hour and a half away so my ping usually sits at 30 I changed all my DSN's to google and set up all my port forwarding, it has come back to around thirty consistently with very mild and very occasional lag from lag every 4 seconds of crazy ammounts but it still affects my game.

DunkMasterSwaggy

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroihebi View Post
I am also getting these weird spikes periodically, and it seems to be especially bad at night times. I have usually 80ish ms ping in game but it can go up to 1k. Been happening around October/November of 2012. I am in the New York Area. My ISP is Time Warner Cable and they claim that there isn't any problem on their side. I am currently using a wired connection, and the router has been replaced but didn't help. This makes the game pretty much unplayable when the spikes occur.

New York Area as well.
Time Warner Cable as well.
Pando media uninstalled.
Still having lag issues.
On a wireless, my ping is fine, my internet is still up while this **** happens

DoozleDorf

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChodeAvenger View Post
A ton of these problems are coming out of the east coast as well my friend and LAX is the abbreviation for the airport, not the city the City is LA and I live about an hour and a half away so my ping usually sits at 30 I changed all my DSN's to google and set up all my port forwarding, it has come back to around thirty consistently with very mild and very occasional lag from lag every 4 seconds of crazy ammounts but it still affects my game.
Yes, LAX is the code for the airport. It is also the code used in one of the many hops in the LA area.... I was using it loosely to point out that, according to the reports posted in this thread, the primary consistency is that the (final) hops through the LA area have the worst lag on them (with the exception of those in Australia and south of the border). Whether or not the packet hops are even the source of the issue many players have been experiencing, Riot could deliver a faster overall connection to their server if it was located somewhere other than in LA. They will not achieve the best possible connections so long as it is there.

Defensive Tackle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

Game has been been unplayable since about the 15th of January for me. I'm currently in Toronto, Canada and using Bell as my ISP. I've replaced the modem, played on a wirded connection and uninstalled PMB and it's still having terible lag spikes and my normal ping (use to be 95) has jumped up to 200 with massive spikes every minute or so.

Shadowmancer95

01-25-2013

Could this have anything to do with playing from Australia? I know not everyone with this problem is but a few people are and I'm just wondering whether this may me a problem.

I went to a friend's house a few weeks ago and I didn't lag at all. This makes me wonder whether the lag is possibly positional, as in computers situated in certain locations have to go through a different set of servers that may result in more packet loss, higher ping or something of that sort.

This may all be stupid talk cause I don't really have a massive understanding of servers but I just thought I would say it in case it was useful in any way

Betelbetel

01-25-2013

I like how it's happening every 10 seconds now...

Shadowmancer95

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betelbetel View Post
I like how it's happening every 10 seconds now...
LoL I know right.

Anyways another thing i noticed is that recalling and dying seems to set off the lag really badly. Like I was playing a game as Ryze earlier today and it was all fine until I recalled for the first time for the game. After that the game became totally unplayable with the lag.

Again might not be of any importance but you never know...

relevantex

01-25-2013

New Jersey here...I usually have to leave the game and reconnect every 5 minutes. Everything starts out fine when I enter/ re-enter the game until it just starts bleeding (losing packets) and the lag and lack of control of my character just gets worse and worse

High Bone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

I have been lagging for the past two days now. Dropped my elo a lot because I tried to play through it. (ps elo is not good) But what seemed to solve the issue was me uninstalling Pando Media Booster. Hope this helps anyone out.