Colorblind, minimap, 2014

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

meganLeeFan

Junior Member

2 Weeks Ago

I have a terrible time trying to determine which player is on which team when i use the minimap. If the enemy team has, for example, a leona and my team does Not, it's easy enough to recognize her. However if my team has a leona as well, i am at a loss for which player is on which team. Additionally if I mess up my memorization of which player is on which team then one moment a team mate is approaching me to help out, and next moment i-guess-it-was-any-enemy-trying-to-kill-me.

So overall, it results in me placing fewer wards and checking the minimap less. Both of which are disadvantageous for my Team.

The red and blue lines surround the character portraits on the minimap is the issue. They aren't distinct enough. Weirdly enough, for some characters, the way there portrait is drawn/colored lets me see the character's team on the minimap no problem, but for most i have problems. Things i've found to get past this is putting the screen uncomfortably close to my face, it makes the lines around the portrait ''bigger'' making them easier to see. Tho being so close to the screen sucks for eyestrain, back and neck pain.

So easy fixes for this;
a) increase the line size around the character portraits in minimap
b) flip all red character portraits to face in 1 direction and all blue character portraits in the other.
c) change the line color (customizable would be nice)
d) change 1 team's character portraits to be a different shape.
e) make one teams portraits bigger than the other (not ideal tho)


Does anyone know how to do any of those options or have another option in mind that would work? I've tried both colorblind and colorvision mode. I found some ideas from 2010 - 2012 but none of them work for this version of the game


Any help is much appreciated!!


(Edit: Yes i have colorblind mode turned on, and yes I have my minimap at the largest setting)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

meganLeeFan

Junior Member

2 Weeks Ago

Bump, cause i don't know if i'm gonna find any help on 2nd page.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mimiro

Member

2 Weeks Ago

well you could try increasing the size of the minimap... Also do you have colorblind settings turned on? I'm not sure if this even effects the minimap but I know it changes the color from blue/purple to green/red (iirc).

Also If none of these work and there is not an actual fix i would suggest playing with your screen unlocked so that you can just click on the minimap and look at the person coming your way. If you do have color blind mode turned on then you should definitely be able to tell if they are an enemy by seeing them. (Plus everybody needs to learn to play with their screen unlocked eventually).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

meganLeeFan

Junior Member

2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimiro View Post
well you could try increasing the size of the minimap... Also do you have colorblind settings turned on? I'm not sure if this even effects the minimap but I know it changes the color from blue/purple to green/red (iirc).

Also If none of these work and there is not an actual fix i would suggest playing with your screen unlocked so that you can just click on the minimap and look at the person coming your way. If you do have color blind mode turned on then you should definitely be able to tell if they are an enemy by seeing them. (Plus everybody needs to learn to play with their screen unlocked eventually).
Thanks for the reply mate. Yeah I have colorblind mode on. I play unlocked and you're right, I could click approaching characters, it's not ideal tho as i'm sure you understand.

Just like 15mins ago I found a color mod called "razieh's Colours" ( http://sweetdiculous.com/razieh/Colours/ ) Any idea if this works in this version of league? Looking at the last date the file's were edited, it seems like it was last updated in 2011 so maybe not?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mimiro

Member

2 Weeks Ago

Yeah it can be a pain sometimes when trying to follow enemies on the map.. I don't know anything about client side mods such as custom skins or font/color changes so i can't really help you there. Sorry I couldn't be anymore help...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

meganLeeFan

Junior Member

2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimiro View Post
Yeah it can be a pain sometimes when trying to follow enemies on the map.. I don't know anything about client side mods such as custom skins or font/color changes so i can't really help you there. Sorry I couldn't be anymore help...
It's okay, I appreciate the effort!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

meganLeeFan

Junior Member

2 Weeks Ago

bump!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

meganLeeFan

Junior Member

1 Week Ago

Bump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Poppy The Tank

Junior Member

1 Week Ago

the best way to find out is to just try it out but remember that riot is not responsible for any damages caused by modifications to their game and that they are at your own risk


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

meganLeeFan

Junior Member

4 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy The Tank View Post
the best way to find out is to just try it out but remember that riot is not responsible for any damages caused by modifications to their game and that they are at your own risk
I searched around and someone suggested simply looking at when the files were last modified. Good idea by that person. The last that mod was modified was like in 2012, so yeah very unlikely for it to still work in 2014 league.
Thanks for the input tho.

Still looking for suggestions/help