Socio-ethical question...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlazzedTroll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosForger View Post
Isn't it a bit obvious that it is under NO circumstance that it is appropriate for an Anivia to wall off an ally so that they could die?
This comment gets -3?

Seriously? I do not get this community.

If you say when is ok to intentionally feed? you get your ****ing face chewed off and all sorts of people come riding in on high horses swinging frozen mallets at your limp body.
Someone says its never ok to "kill" a friendly.... and he gets -3.

the game isn't broke. The players are.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WATX F00K

Member

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazzedTroll View Post
This comment gets -3?

Seriously? I do not get this community.

If you say when is ok to intentionally feed? you get your ****ing face chewed off and all sorts of people come riding in on high horses swinging frozen mallets at your limp body.
Someone says its never ok to "kill" a friendly.... and he gets -3.

the game isn't broke. The players are.
i dont know if im reading this wrong but im confused by your comment. so your saying its not ok for either, or its ok to wall off people that are retarded?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

adc

Member

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDine 0110 1001 View Post
It actually stands for wine dine 6 9, but only 4 people have gotten it so far

good try with the binary though, works too i guess
ASCII, not binary.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sea Monsters

Member

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
You're right on that first part. It's completely unacceptable under any circumstances, and if I did happen to end up in a game where an Anivia pulled that, you can guarantee I would report them. Regardless of literally anything else.
Don't play with random people unless you are willing to commit to doing everything you can to win the game. Walling off a teammate for laughs certainly does not fall under that commitment.
You just won a major team fight. Unfortunately, everyone is low and a dead enemy Kog'maw is about to get an ace with his passive. It's too late for your tank... Kog'maw is pretty much right on top of him. However, if you wall him off, you can save yourself and your AD carry. Would you still refuse to press the button? Would you report someone if they said they would do the deed in such a scenario?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WDine 0110 1001

Senior Member

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Monsters View Post
You just won a major team fight. Unfortunately, everyone is low and a dead enemy Kog'maw is about to get an ace with his passive. It's too late for your tank... Kog'maw is pretty much right on top of him. However, if you wall him off, you can save yourself and your AD carry. Would you still refuse to press the button? Would you report someone if they said they would do the deed in such a scenario?
dear sea monsters,

LoL needs more reasonable players like yourself. rather than the ones who get butthurt and click report at the slightest offense towards them.

regards,

wine dine and 69


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morbius2271

Senior Member

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDine 0110 1001 View Post
Under what circumstance is it acceptable, while playing Anivia, to wall a teammate off in such a manner that he dies to the enemy?

Personally I find this hilarious but only do it if we are very far ahead.

Normal follow-ups to this move which I call the "balls to the wall" are mixed emotions of rage, depression and frustration. In extreme cases, reactions include rage quitting and the commencement of intentional feeding.

Discuss.
Out of curiosity, why did you use 2 4-bit codes, 0110 1001 (69 when translated to base-16), instead of just using an 8-bit code, 01000101 (69 when translated to base-10)? And if you just wanted it in Hex for w/e reason, why the space? 01101001 would still be 69 in Hex. I do know the trick where you split an 8-bit binary code in half, translate each 4-bit code into it's decimal value, and putting those values together to find the Hex value of the 8-bit code, but It seems unnecessary to space it in your name.

I only ask because I found it odd that you chose to translate to the hexadecimal 69, which is actually the decimal value 105, instead of just making the binary version of the decimal 69.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aeshura

Senior Member

12-03-2012

So you've discovered the joy of anivia hmm? Next Jarvan


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Colonel Fabulous

Senior Member

12-03-2012

I'm not one of those people that hates an Anivia/Trundle/Jarvan/Singed/Whoever having a little bit of fun with his/her abilities, especially in a "won" game.

However, you asked in your OP "When is it acceptable...?" Asking a question might provoke responses that aren't to your liking. If you're going to attack people that answer in that manner, you've pretty much answered the question in your own mind, seeing as you're not going to accept contrary opinions.

If you're going to "idgaf I'm doing it anyway," why bother asking?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jeanschyso

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-03-2012

Title full of win.

Well, I'd say whenever your ally is being an ass on skype cause he drank too much (that would be me -_-), it's a good move to wall him into death. Esp. if he's the AD carry and just burnt his flash!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GFireflyE

Senior Member

12-03-2012

The only time, imo, it would be acceptable to wall off a teammate is during a meat-grind fest where you're team botched it and it serves the greater good to lose one instead of lose all.

Any other situation is unacceptable.