AFK Random Champion Pick

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PvtSnuggleBear

12-03-2012

Would it be possible to put a confirmation thing that is similar to the accept/decline feature after the champion lock? It could apply only to those who random locked in the queue, and if the "yes, I am here and I random locked" button isn't pressed, then it could boot them and dodge the afker from the champ select just before the load time. If they do press the button and therefore get into the game and afk there, then they'll just be reported, as they are now. The forced dodge doesn't have to be at the last second, but maybe the last stretch of time of the "change runes/masteries/skins" time, so it also gives others the opportunity to dodge should the "afker" still be there.
I do love the new accept/decline system, but why not put another one but only for those horrible trolls to deal with?

tl;dr: button after lock-in not pressed = forced dodge, for random lockers only.

STRONGFIRSTPOST

12-03-2012

Somewhat on the same topic, I am a summoner who normally has steady internet connection but tonight had very unstable connection. Twice in champion select I lost contact to Pvp.net, and closed the program to exit the queue, but both times the game started, once even after shutting down my laptop before the queue timer was down (timer was in the 50s, and I shut my comp off almost immedaitly following the first time, so there is no way I didn't make it in time.

Do people normally get kicked if they lose connection, because It seems like it should be automatic so I dont screw over a team unfairly again.

Doctor Nick

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot dArtagnan View Post
Not picking a champion to the very last second does not necessarily mean that the particular player is AFK.
Just curious, have you discovered any solution worse than assigning a completely random champion and starting the game?