Morgana's ultimate doesn't stun

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Heske

11-28-2012

Sometimes morgana's ultimate doesn't stun or do any dmg when the channel is finished. Happened to me twice last game. Needs to be fixed.

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

11-28-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I've been trying to figure out a reliable way to reproduce this. Any details you can share?

LavenderPyjamas

11-28-2012

This happened in a game I was part of a while ago. Morgana ulted and Amumu was not stunned at the end of the leash duration, but definitely didn't exceed the leash range. It was by the lower brush dividing river from mid, and if I remember correctly Morg may have been in brush, and Amumu out of it. If that helps at all.

Goggris

11-28-2012

This happened during a game I was in a few months back. The details I remember were:

1) Old Twisted Treeline map
2) It didn't stun 2 times against the enemy Singed during the game, he was using his ult both times
3) Couldn't reproduce it later when we tried to, so obviously there were other environmental conditions I can't put my finger on

Krygg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

If I were to guess maybe tenacity makes her tether break before the stun can go off?

Raghnall

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

I thought this happened to me, but after rewatching the part of the replay I have over and over again it's possible that I might have moved just out of range before the stun went off. So unfortunately I can't help here.

Although I did notice a tooltip inconsistency with Morgana's ultimate. For Morgana, the ability tooltip reads "After 3 seconds, they are dealt an additional _ damage and are stunned for _ second(s)." The debuff that is placed on the enemy states that "If they remain near Morgana until the end of the 4 second duration, they will receive damage and be stunned."

Another tooltip problem with her is that the ultimate says that it will stun for 1/1.5/2 seconds based on rank, but I think it is only supposed to stun at 1.5 seconds for all ranks.

This is probably from the 1.0.0.123 Patch (Skarner) where they changed her ultimate's values.

"Soul Shackles:
Time prior to stun reduced to 3 seconds from 4 seconds.
Stun duration adjusted to 1.5 at all ranks from 1/1.5/2."

Wouldn't matter too much as I believe most people use the sound clip as the tell instead of the debuff; I think it should still be fixed/clarified, at least the stun duration part.

panicforce

11-29-2012

Happened to me on the new treeline:

Morgana ults
Sion flashes away
Morgana flashes after sion, to maintain tether, nb: tether visual still active
Ult ends
Sion takes no damage, is not stunned

Is it possible for the tethering abilities (including leblanc and nocturne and that one wannabe support) to keep the visual even if the range is broken? I assume that the visual is part of the debuff and that its all or nothing, but it seems like a possible cause for my experience.

Baxe

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by panicforce View Post
Happened to me on the new treeline:

Morgana ults
Sion flashes away
Morgana flashes after sion, to maintain tether, nb: tether visual still active
Ult ends
Sion takes no damage, is not stunned

Is it possible for the tethering abilities (including leblanc and nocturne and that one wannabe support) to keep the visual even if the range is broken? I assume that the visual is part of the debuff and that its all or nothing, but it seems like a possible cause for my experience.
I have seen this happen to my friends...

Urdnot Entar

11-30-2012

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with another bug I've seen, where spells randomly don't do any damage (seen it happen with Yi's alpha strike, Ezreal's ult, Gragas' ult, and I think Lux's ult as well). I've also seen Blitzcrank's grab just hit the target and stick, and not pull. Could be related.

Hope this helps; really want to help this kind of thing get fixed, it's rather game-breaking

Kamai

11-30-2012

I saw on my friend's game earlier today where he tried to ult a highlander Yi, Yi stayed in leash range, the ult make the "snap" sound that it does when it stuns targets, then the Yi just runs away.