Pick Order vs Role Calling - A True Issue.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExjK

Senior Member

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SasakitheCouncil View Post
The problem is that there's a fine line between "not being a jerk" and "playing support 90% of the time"

In ranked, I used to always let people play what they wanted, and filled whatever was open all the time. As a result, I ended up playing support a ridiculous amount.

Pick order is the way that nice people get to play what they want sometimes.
Here's where it gets iffy though. Everyone, everyone, has been on both sides of this coin (which is what makes this issue so hot). While I do agree that standing your ground with pick order is fair in this case, simply saying pick order > role calling is what gives other people the power to abuse it.

A better way to handle it would be to kindly let your team know that you've been playing a lot of support lately and you would like mid, top, jungle or adc (while in the back of your mind telling yourself you'll settle for support if they truly don't give you anything else). Try asking your team if anyone will support or maybe offer to rage bot lane with them as adc. A lot of the times you'll get that person who feeds off of your confidence and will take support for you.

If not, just gauge the situation, if you feel you can grab the role you want and trust your team will fill and not troll...do it. No harm in honestly being selfish, it's just when you make a habit of it and start being negative about it that makes it a problem.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zamíel

Member

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExjK View Post
I won't complain if people don't stick to the meta in normals, but you're wrong because of this, "people are stupid so I choose to ignore my entire team as soon as the game starts."

It doesn't matter whether it's normal or ranked, if you're going to have that kind of attitude towards your teammates...then you might as well be banned. Sure you have the right to play a game and enjoy yourself, but if you're going to willingly do so at the clear expense of your team then not only should you be banned but you should WANT to stop playing this game...why play a game that turns you into a monster of negativity?
Yeah but you see I rarely ever feed and normally contribute greatly to my teams victories so until my way of playing starts to negatively effect my games (which it hasn't) I see no reason to stop.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PallasAthens

Senior Member

11-28-2012

I've started saying what my best roles are in Ranked, and if I'm forced to do my worst role, what my best champion for that role is.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExjK

Senior Member

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamel View Post
Yeah but you see I rarely ever feed and normally contribute greatly to my teams victories so until my way of playing starts to negatively effect my games (which it hasn't) I see no reason to stop.
The problem is way beyond how well you do in your games...you choose to not consider how your team feels or what roles they want to play. By being so selfish with reasons as negative as yours, you poison your team with a huge cloud of negativity. It doesn't matter if you're the best person in the game and your team wins because you are the type of toxic player that ruins the game for other people.

What's worse is that people will adopt your attitude and begin making a habit of it themselves, only making the issue worse over time. Obviously no matter how you look at it, this behavior needs to be corrected...not only for other people's sake...but yours...because I fear you are not a fun person irl.

Either be cool or be banned imo (IP banned preferably) .


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Colbyjack7

Senior Member

11-28-2012

Or we could just have a good reporting/punishment system rather than this minigame on the LoL site. Takes way too long for toxic players to be punished.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExjK

Senior Member

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PallasAthens View Post
I've started saying what my best roles are in Ranked, and if I'm forced to do my worst role, what my best champion for that role is.
If you give an honest try at communicating with your team about what you're good at, yet they force you into support, then by all means choose a champ you're good at and play it as support! However don't ruin the game for your adc by stealing cs and neglecting their existence. Build GP10 and do your best to make plays, BUY WARDS and really try to be supportive. If you can do that willingly and not ***** all game, you're not being toxic and everyone's having fun.

Maybe someone will still complain and bicker at you for playing an unconventional support...but who cares. Report him/her if it's that bad, you told the team what you can play but they gave you support anyway. They shouldn't of expected anything more and if they truly wanted a more conventional support...then they should of been the one to play it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zamíel

Member

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExjK View Post
The problem is way beyond how well you do in your games...you choose to not consider how your team feels or what roles they want to play. By being so selfish with reasons as negative as yours, you poison your team with a huge cloud of negativity. It doesn't matter if you're the best person in the game and your team wins because you are the type of toxic player that ruins the game for other people.

What's worse is that people will adopt your attitude and begin making a habit of it themselves, only making the issue worse over time. Obviously no matter how you look at it, this behavior needs to be corrected...not only for other people's sake...but yours...because I fear you are not a fun person irl.

Either be cool or be banned imo (IP banned preferably) .
I'm alot of fun and honestly Id prefer if everyone in this game was alot less chatty.



Also lol at IP ban. Are you aware what age we live in and how little an IP ban actually matters?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExjK

Senior Member

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbyjack7 View Post
Or we could just have a good reporting/punishment system rather than this minigame on the LoL site. Takes way too long for toxic players to be punished.
Don't blame the Tribunal system, blame the people participating in it...i'll tell you why.

~ We must first agree that everyone has the right to report someone else if they feel it's deserved, fair.

~ We must also agree that everyone has the right to participate in the Tribunal and pass judgement on people if they feel it's deserved, also fair.

Here is why this system fails; It fails because the same toxic people that are hurting the game are also the same toxic people that pass improper judgement! Indulge me for a minute...

Everyone needs to understand that trolling has become extremely prevalent with this new generation, more-so in a negative way now than just passively. This directly and indirectly affects the report/tribunal system (people who are clear about reporting and people who are silent but still report). With all of the unjust and extremely biased reports going around, not only are people being sent to the tribunal due to consistently unfair circumstances, but people are also spreading this type of toxicity in the Tribunal.

Some would argue that it's fair because of how consistently someone would need to be reported or how many people would have to pass judgement...but the truth is...there are just a lot of negative and terrible people out there that seem cool but are not..

We must also agree that a lot of children ages 10-18 that play this game also react negatively often based on how negative other people are. They haven't learned to filter this negativity yet so it spreads even more.

All in all it's the people, not the system. Riot would have to make a system where players earn the right to report and participate in the tribunal if they were going to regulate it...but I think they want everyone to feel they can be a part of the community. Which is respectable imo.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExjK

Senior Member

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamel View Post
I'm alot of fun and honestly Id prefer if everyone in this game was alot less chatty.



Also lol at IP ban. Are you aware what age we live in and how little an IP ban actually matters?
Your preference is justified no doubt, but not every game is going to meet your standards and you have to either adapt and be supportive to your teammates otherwise they don't need care about you as you don't care about them. It's a vicious cycle of negativity that can only be fixed starting with you.

IP bans do matter. They may not stop people, but those people will still be affected by it. Now they have to climb over a wall just to play league again? Maybe they will think twice next time, and if not they will just be banned again. If they don't care still, well Riot should trace them and have the local police take care of it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zamíel

Member

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExjK View Post
Your preference is justified no doubt, but not every game is going to meet your standards and you have to either adapt and be supportive to your teammates otherwise they don't need care about you as you don't care about them. It's a vicious cycle of negativity that can only be fixed starting with you.

IP bans do matter. They may not stop people, but those people will still be affected by it. Now they have to climb over a wall just to play league again? Maybe they will think twice next time, and if not they will just be banned again. If they don't care still, well Riot should trace them and have the local police take care of it.
No walls sir its more like......flipping a light switch? Hell mozilla has an addon you can download to change your IP with a hotkey. All banning people in the current system does is hurt league in the long run. I would bet you my house my car and the contents of my retirement plan that 90% of banned people come back to torment the low lvl players.

The lowbies are the fresh life giving blood that run league now you tell me if a guy gets perma banned for being a total and complete ass clown and comes back to get back at the game by trolling his way back up the ladder destroying games for brand new players who might be turned off from the game forever.


As it stands now Riots system of dealing with troubled players is only hurting League in the long run by scaring off new players by dumped the lvl 30 refuse on them. I am in no way as dangerous to leagues longevity as those people I don't swear I don't flame I don't bash I simply play by myself win my games and go on my way.