The Older Gamer Alliance - TOGA (Looking for players 25+)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Steve Le Pirate

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reforgiven View Post
Hello my fellow gamers,

If you feel like this would be something you would be interested in please feel free to post any questions you have in this thread or you can add me in game or you can join the chat channel (TOGA). Hopefully, all of us 'older' gamers out there could connect and have some fun.
I'm 29 and play this game a lot since I was laid off. I'm usually on during the day or evenings.

Currently 1183 Elo play mainly Jungle, Top, & Support.

Hit me up in game for a mature, rageless gaming experience in normals or duo.

Steve The Pale

RizeUpTWulf

11-29-2012

This sounds interesting. I'm 29 and I am a gaming addict. I've been in League for under a year, but have been playing all kinds of games (I still have the Atari 2600 and it WORKS) ranging from the old school Atari to the 360. Mega RPG fan (Final Fantasy FTW) and trying to get into League a little bit better.

Feel free to add me in game.

Rathadin

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reforgiven View Post
Hello my fellow gamers,

For sometime it has bothered me on how hard it has seemed to meet with fellow players on LOL that I had something in common with and/or seemed to be at the same place I was at in life. I also thought that I couldn't be the only older gamer who felt this way. So instead of being passive and let it continue to bother me I decided to be pro-active and give it a shot and create The Older Gamer Alliance (TOGA) a community where other older gamers out there could join up and play together if they would like.

TOGA is a community for people that still enjoy playing video games, but are in a bit of an older age bracket than the ‘stereotypical’ gamer. TOGA is for gamers who (regretfully) can’t go out boozing every weekend, because we have partners, and are left at our console's playing games after a quiet dinner or putting the kids to bed. TOGA is for busy workers who need to de-stress from their busy jobs by beating up on a few players each night. TOGA is also for people who have retired and find themselves with plenty of time to indulge a hobby of online gaming.

TOGA is for gamers whose memories might go back to playing Pacman on an Atari 2600 and for gamers who had as much fun playing Duck Hunt on an NES as they do playing the latest games today. A lot of us who started their gaming addiction on those machines are still around going strong on all the latest games.

TOGA is for gamers who are passionate about their hobby, but who want to escape or separate themselves from the abusive, disruptive and disrespectful behavior, usually attributed to (but not always) younger players, that is so often encountered when gaming online.

TOGA is a community of relaxed players and although we play games competitively and are semi-serious about enjoying our gaming, skill level and ‘commitment to a game’ are not a requirement to play or be a part of TOGA. It is expected that members of TOGA are respectful of all other members (until you get to know them, then the ribbing can start!), regardless of their skill at a particular game.

It is simply a lot more enjoyable to play your favorite genre with people you have something in common with. Eventually these people become a new circle of online friends and playing with friends always makes the experience more enjoyable.

This is exactly what TOGA is about: a friendly, vibrant community full of gaming addicts from around the world, who are old enough to know how to enjoy ourselves properly!

If you feel like this would be something you would be interested in please feel free to post any questions you have in this thread or you can add me in game or you can join the chat channel (TOGA). Hopefully, all of us 'older' gamers out there could connect and have some fun.

Ps. Please don't troll my thread I'd like to try to give this a real shot. Thank you
Games 18 and under make up only 18% of all video game players worldwide according to the ESA's figures for 2011. 18 to 49 makes up a little over 50%. 50+ makes up the rest.

Its the under 18s that need their own alliance.

RizeUpTWulf

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathadin View Post
Games 18 and under make up only 18% of all video game players worldwide according to the ESA's figures for 2011. 18 to 49 makes up a little over 50%. 50+ makes up the rest.

They do. It's called Runescape.

Or WoW.

GON the Mage Guy

11-29-2012

Eh, sure. 26.

Reforgiven

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve The Pale View Post
I'm 29 and play this game a lot since I was laid off. I'm usually on during the day or evenings.

Currently 1183 Elo play mainly Jungle, Top, & Support.

Hit me up in game for a mature, rageless gaming experience in normals or duo.

Steve The Pale
Sorry to hear about your job that sucks.. However it is nice to meet you Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Terrorwulf View Post
This sounds interesting. I'm 29 and I am a gaming addict. I've been in League for under a year, but have been playing all kinds of games (I still have the Atari 2600 and it WORKS) ranging from the old school Atari to the 360. Mega RPG fan (Final Fantasy FTW) and trying to get into League a little bit better.

Feel free to add me in game.
I have been playing games since I can remember and I joined LOL when Lee Sin was released and I have been hooked ever since.. You've been added and Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathadin View Post

Yes that may be true but I am talking about this game not all games out there.. I feel in this specific game the older players are either silent or hiding.. So I felt that we needed a place to go where we could feel free to talk and interact with each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Terrorwulf View Post
They do. It's called Runescape.

Or WoW.
Lol, I haven't played either of those games in forevers.. League seemed to replaced them for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GON the Mage Guy View Post
Eh, sure. 26.
Well then welcome! It's nice to meet you

DaMiTzNhan

11-29-2012

Should be called "The Virgin Gamer Alliance"

lawl get wrekt nerds

Rounder22

11-29-2012

Add me, 38 and started gaming to Warcraft 2 over a serial port with a buddy.

Been playing lol since August last year.

IcedStorm

11-29-2012

huh older people actually playing video games..... who would have thought....

edit: well seems like i can actually keep playing and not be the (future) odd duck out now

Reforgiven

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounder22 View Post
Add me, 38 and started gaming to Warcraft 2 over a serial port with a buddy.

Been playing lol since August last year.
Well welcome .. I look forward to interacting with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedStorm View Post
huh older people actually playing video games..... who would have thought....

edit: well seems like i can actually keep playing and not be the (future) odd duck out now
Yep we are here.. Most of the gaming world is older gamers.